National Chiayi University was formed in February 2000 by merging two existing colleges in Chiayi, i.e., National Chiayi Institute of Technology (NCIT) and National Chiayi Teachers College(NCTC). The University now has seven colleges (Teachers College, College of Humanities and Arts, College of Management, College of Agriculture, College of Science and Engineering, College of Life Sciences and College of Veterinary Medicine), which include 39 undergraduate programs (40 departments), 12 in-service undergraduate programs(1 program, 39 master programs(42 classes), 14 in-service master programs, and 7 doctoral programs(1 program) in the 107 semester year. NCYU is one of the oldest and largest universities in the southern part of Taiwan.
National Chiayi Institute of Technology was first founded in April, 1919 as ″Chiayi Agriculture and Forestry Public School″. It was reorganized and named as “Taiwan Provincial Chiayi Agri-Vocational School” in November, 1945. In March, 1965, the School was upgraded and became “Taiwan Provincial Chiayi Junior College of Agriculture.” In July, 1981, and the college became a national college directly funded by the Ministry of Education. In July, 1997, the college was upgraded again to a college and became “National Chiayi Institute of Technology.” In its 90 year history, the College has trained professionals in different fields.
National Chiayi Teachers College was first founded in 1957 as ″Taiwan Provincial Chiayi Normal School″. The school recruited junior high school graduates and trained them as kindergarten and elementary school teachers. In August, 1996, the School was upgraded to a five-year junior college and renamed as ″Taiwan Provincial Chiayi Junior Teachers College.” The College was reformed , into a four-year college, and renamed as ″Taiwan Provincial Chiayi Teachers College″ in July, 1987. In July, 1991, the College became a national college and was renamed as ″National Chiayi Teachers College.″ Since it was established in 1957, the College has trained thousands of elementary and kindergarten teachers, most of them have taught in schools all over the country or served in education related public sectors.
By merging the two colleges, National Chiayi University is one of the few comprehensive universities in the southwestern part of Taiwan, covering a wide range of domains, including Life Science, Agriculture, Management, Science and Engineering, Humanities and Arts, and Education.
National Chiayi University is one of the few comprehensive universities in the southwestern part of Taiwan, covering a wide range of domains, including Life Science, Agriculture, Management, Science and Engineering, Humanities and Arts, and Education.
Scholarship for International Postgraduate Students
- Type A Scholarships: waiver of tuition, and credit fees, as well as a monthly scholarship.
- Type B Scholarships: a waiver of tuition and credit fees.
Scholarship for International Undergraduate Students
- The tuition and fees of the first school year will be reduced to the same standard as that for local students (including those who have retained their enrolment).
- Students who have taken a leave of absence, dropped out, or been withdrawn from the university will not be requested to return the reduced amount of the tuition and fees. For those who have reentered or readmitted the university, their tuition reduction shall not be taken again if it has been taken in the semesters before their leave of absence or dropping out.
- For students who have been studying in the university for more than a year with formal enrolment, the scholarship funds will be released on a semester basis and shall be applied each semester. Funds will be disbursed from October to January of the following year (disbursed by the 5th of the month) for the 1st semester, and from March to June for the 2nd semester (disbursed by the 5th of the month). The qualifications for application are as follows:
- Students who took at least 9 academic credits last semester; rank within the top 50% of the class (The percentage of class ranking is rounding off to the 1st decimal place); and with a conduct score of 80 or above, will be awarded NT$5000 monthly.
- Students who took at least 9 academic credits last semester, rank from the top 51% to top 70% of the class, with a conduct score of 80 or above (The percentage of class ranking is rounding off to the 1st decimal place), will be awarded NT$4000 monthly.
- Students who have taken a leave of absence, dropped out, or been withdrawn from the university will not be required to repay the amount received during the semester. However, they will not be awarded the scholarship that has been taken before, after resuming their studies in the university.
- Students under these situations may not apply:
- Those who have not paid tuition and registration fees in the university
- Those who receive other scholarships from the government.
|College||Full English Program|
|Teachers College||Global Master Program of Teaching Profession|
|College of Management||Global Master Program of Tourism and Management|
|College of Life Sciences||Global Mater Program of Life Sciences|
- Graduates Program: December 15, 2020 – March 15, 2021
- Undergraduates Program
- The First Application Period: December 15, 2020 – March 15, 2021
- The Second Application Period: April 15, 2021 – May 15, 2021
* Before applying, please refer to Fall 2021 Admission Prospectus for International Students (attached)
Online Application: https://admissions.ncyu.edu.tw/fsc/indexfsc.aspx
- Log on to the online application system: The home page of Office of International Affairs (http://www.ncyu.edu.tw/oia_eng/ ) → Apply to NCYU → Online Application for Fall 2021Admission
- Fill out the form completely and accurately
- Application for undergraduate programs is limited to not more than 3 departments (sections); application for Master’s (Doctoral) programs is limited to not more than 3 graduate institutes (sections).
For more information, please visit Official Website.