National Tsing Hua University is located in Hsinchu, Taiwan, 72 kilometers south of Taipei. The campus covers over 136.06 hectares (366.2 acres) of scenic land,flush with lakes and trees. Campus convenience is of the utmost, neighboring research institutes and universities, like: the Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI), National Synchrotron Radiation Research Center (NSSRC), National Center for High-Performance Computing (NCHC), Food Industry Research and Development Institute (FIRDI), National Chiao Tung University (NCTU), Chung-Hua University (CHU), and the Hsinchu Science-Based Industrial Park (HSIP). Hsinchu is accurately known and dubbed as the ‘Science city of Taiwan’. National Tsing Hua University was formally merged with National Hsinchu University of Education (NHCUE) on the first of November, 2016. The university now has 10 colleges, 26 departments, 27 independent graduate institutes,and 10 master and PhD programs : the Colleges of Science, Engineering, Nuclear Science, Humanities and Social Sciences, Life Science, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, and the Colleges of Technology Management, Tsing Hua, Education, and Arts. NTHU employs over 808 full-time faculty members. More than 16,547 students, around 9,006 undergraduates, 5,805 master candidates and 1,736 for doctoral candidates as of data of fall semester 2016. The student-faculty ratio is 20.48:1 and male to female students is 2.1:1.
NTHU emphasizes interdisciplinary approach. In addition to upholding basic standards, undergraduate curricula are designed to maximize flexibility as well as integration. NTHU surpasses curricula norms, transcending collegiate and departmental boundaries.
- All individuals of foreign nationality, who never had a R.O.C. citizenship and do not possess an overseas Chinese student status at the time of their application, are qualified to apply for admission to National Tsing Hua University as an international student.
- The following two exceptions are made for individuals who have lived overseas continuously for more than six years. The six year period shall be calculated from the starting date of the semester for which the applicant is applying (Feb.1st for spring semester or Aug.1st for fall semester). “Overseas” refers to countries or regions other than Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau; the term “continuously” means that an individual may stay in Taiwan for no more than a total of 120 days per calendar year.
- An individual who is also a national of the R.O.C. but does not currently hold and has never held a household registration in Taiwan.
- An individual who, at the time of application, has had their R.O.C. citizenship annulled by the Ministry of the Interior for no less than 8 years. (Individuals applying under the terms of these two exceptions must have not studied in Taiwan under the status of an Overseas Chinese Students, nor received placement permission through the University Entrance Committee for Overseas Chinese Students.)
- Applicants, concurrently holding a permanent residence status in Hong Kong, Macao, having no history of a household registration record in Taiwan and, at the time of application, have resided in Hong Kong, Macao, or another foreign country for no less than 6 years, are also qualified to apply for admission as an international student.
- Go to NTHU International Student Online Application System Online Application
- Create Your Account
- Fill Out the Application Information. The application has five sections, which are “Applicant Information, Family Information,Education Background, Language Background, and Other Information. When finished with each section, please click “Save” and then “Next” to proceed.
- Fill Out Recommenders and Send the Notice. Fill out your recommenders and click “Send Notice” to proceed.
- Pay the Fee and Upload Requirements. Pay the application fees and prepare materials required for uploading. The applicant must upload all. application requirements listed on the check list.
- Confirm and Submit Your Application. The applicant must confirm and click “Submit” to complete the application.
- Track Your Application. After submitting, the applicant can track the application status using the NTHU online system.
- The online application form
- One copy of your degree/diploma
- One copy of your official transcript(s)
- Statement of purpose
- Two recommendation letters
- Financial certificate
- Verification of nationality
- Program-specific requirements (Please check the application instructions for program-specific requirements and submit them.)
Applications will open on August 15, 2020. The deadline to apply is October 15 (before 15:00), 2020(Taiwan Time). Please note that late or incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Scholarship Coverage: Fully covered
For more information, please visit Official Website.