Founded in 1975, National Yang-Ming University, formerly known as National Yang-Ming College of Medicine, has been adhering to the school motto of “benevolent mind and art, putting knowledge into practice” while training excellent humane doctors to provide service by solving medical problems in remote and rural areas.
NYMU has seven schools with 11 undergraduate programs, 34 master programs and 28 PhD programs. In addition, NYMU has more than 20 research centers with emphasis on cancer and immunology, brain research, biophotonics, aging and health, and biomedical engineering.
English Taught Programs
|International Health Program||√||√|
|Institute of Traditional Medicine||√||√|
|Institute of Pharmacology||√||√|
|Institute of Anatomy and Cell Biology||√||√|
|Institute of Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences||√||√|
|International Ph. D. Program in Environmental Science and Technology||√|
|Institute of Biophotonics||√||√|
|Department of Biomedical Imaging and Radiological Sciences||√|
|International Ph.D. Program in Photonics||√|
|Institute of Microbiology and Immunology||√||√|
|Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology||√||√|
|Department of Nursing||√|
|Faculty of Pharmacy||√|
|Institute of Biopharmaceutical Sciences||√||√|
|Institute of Food Safety and Health Risk Assessment||√|
Application Period: December 20, 2020 – March 05, 2021 (11:59 p.m. GMT+8)
*Application deadline for International Health Program: March 15, 2021.
How to apply
- Please read the Prospectus for International Students – Fall 2021 (attached) carefully to prepare required documents and start the online application.
- Apply → online application system: http://admission.ym.edu.tw/
- Step 1: Create an account → Register your email ( Spaces are not allowed in your username.)
- Step 2: Receive confirmation email to set up password
- Step 3: Login → Start your online Application
- All documents must be submitted using the online application system before March 5, 2021, we are unable to accept paper copy of documentation or recommendation.
- Applicants may apply to multiple programs, please submit a separate application for each program.
- Applicants will be asked to provide details of referees. A recommendation request will be sent from our online application system to referees. Referees can submit recommendation letter via our online application system before March 05, 2021.
- Scholarships are offered by various organizations listed below. Applicants must pay attention to different deadlines for scholarships.
Admission applications and scholarship applications are separate, except for scholarships offered by NYMU. Applicants who win any scholarship award are NOT guaranteed a university entrance admission, and vice versa. Also, if applicants are chosen by more than one scholarship, he/she can choose one only.
- Monthly Stipend: Up to NT$ 12,000 (approximately US$390)
- Recipients have to cover their tuition, accommodation, insurance and miscellaneous fees.
Taiwan ICDF Scholarship
- Ph. D. Program in International Health
- Master’s Program in International Health
For more information, please visit Official Website.