Scholarships offered by the Romanian state through the MFA
Each year, the Romanian Government, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, provides a number of scholarships to citizens from non-EU countries. Only candidates having good results in education, respectively an average of the study years, for the last graduated school, of at least 7 (seven) corresponding to the scoring system in Romania or the “Good” score, as the case are eligible.
For further details regarding the eligibility conditions, please check Information on the Scholarship Programme.
- Applicants may select their study program of interest in all fields, with the exception of Medicine, Dental Medicine and Pharmacy.
- For Bachelor and Master, only study programs in Romanian language are available, thus promoting the Romanian language and culture.
- However, at PhD level, applicants can also opt for a program in English or a foreign language set by the doctoral school.
- A preparatory year in Romanian is also granted prior to enrolling in the study program of choice, for those not speaking Romanian language.
- The required documents include diplomas, transcripts, birth certificate and passport, CV – all described in the application process.
*The scholarship application can be sent ONLY through the Study in Romania platform.
- Applications can be submitted between 20 December 2021 and 15 March 2022, with the selection results being announced on 15 July 2022.
- Upon selection, additional formalities, such as obtaining a visa, will be required.