Founded in 1975, National Yang-Ming University, formerly known as National Yang-Ming College of Medicine, has been adhering to the school motto of “benevolent mind and art, putting knowledge into practice” while training excellent humane doctors to provide service by solving medical problems in remote and rural areas.
Graduated in 1982, the first government-sponsored class of the Faculty of Medicine was sent to public clinics and hospitals. Since then, our graduates have penetrated all corners of Taiwan and became pioneers in basic healthcare services. As our graduates won warm acclaim from society, we found that we had successfully accomplished our initial mission.
In order to cultivate a new generation of professional medical talents, we began to expand our disciplines into biomedicine. In 1994, we were promoted to “National Yang-Ming University” and became the first medicine-oriented comprehensive university in Taiwan. As time went on, we established the School of Medical Technology and Engineering (renamed as the School of Biomedical Science and Engineering in 2007), the School of Life Sciences, the Center for General Education, the School of Nursing and the School of Dentistry. In 2007, the School of Humanities and Social Sciences was established, and the Center for General Education renamed as the Center of Humanities and Social Science was combined into the School of Humanities and Social Sciences in 2008. In 2015, the School of Pharmaceutical Sciences officially launched its operation. As of the 2016 academic year, NYMU has seven schools with 11 undergraduate programs, 34 master programs and 28 PhD programs. In addition, NYMU has more than 20 research centers with emphasis on cancer and immunology, brain research, biophotonics, aging and health, and biomedical engineering.
- Please read the Prospectus for Internataional Students-Spring 2021 carefully to prepare required documents and start the online application.
- Apply Online application system: http://admission.ym.edu.tw/
- Step 1: Create an account → Register your email ( Spaces are not alloweded in your username.)
- Step 2: Receive confirmation email to set up password
- Step 3: Login → Start your online Application
- All documents must be submitted using the online application system before September 25, 2020, we are unable to accept paper copy of documentation or recommendation.
- Applicants may apply to multiple programs, please submit a seperate application for each program.
- Application Period: August 10– September 25, 2020
- Application submission deadline: September 25, 2020 (11:59 p.m. GMT+8)
- Recommendation Letter submission deadline: September 27, 2020 (11:59 p.m. GMT+8)
- Admission Decision Released: November 16, 2020
For more information, please visit Official Website.