Tianjin University is a National Key University directly under the administration of the Ministry of the Education, and its history can be traced back to Peiyang University, the first modern university in China, which was founded on October 2, 1895. It was renamed Tianjin University after the nationwide restructuring of colleges and departments in 1951. In 1959, Tianjin University was identified as one of the first batch of the 16 National Key Universities designated by the government, and it is also among the first group of institutions of higher learning to be included into the “211” and “985″ Projects of national investment for developing world-class universities. During the past years, Tianjin University has made significant contributions to economic and social development, which must be due to its cultivation of a large number of high-level talents, and its outstanding achievements.
As the “key and special major” and “excellent engineer major” established by the Ministry of Education, Environment and Energy of Tianjin University offers quality bachelor’s program in English with scholarships for international students.
Type of Scholarship
School of Environment Science and Engineering offers 3 full scholarship quotas and 7 partial scholarship quotas.
1. The full scholarship provides:
Tuition fees for four years
An annual living allowance (25,000RMB each year) for four years
2. The partial scholarship provides:
Tuition fees for four years
The scholarship will be available to those applicants who:
- Non-Chinese citizens in good health at application;
- Less than 25 years old at application;
- English proficiency certificate will be required (TOEFL 80 or IELTS 6.0 or pass through an interview by TJU);
- Candidates are required to enroll in Tianjin University as ‘international students’ and must maintain this status for the duration of their enrolment in the University;
- Scholarships holders must commence study in Tianjin University in the semester the scholarship is offered.
- Complete the Application Form for Foreigners of Studying at TJU and Application Form for TJU International Students Scholarship (Environmental and Energy);
- Mail the application forms and all other application materials (one original and one copy) to the International Admissions Office, Tianjin University by May 15th of each year;
- Tianjin University reviews the application with the final list of successful candidates to be released by July 15th of each year;
- Letter of Admission and JW 202 will be sent to the applicants;
- Register at Tianjin University in early September of each year.
Address: International Admissions Office，School of International Education Tianjin University，No.92, Weijin Road, Nankai District, Tianjin, China
Zip code: 300072
For more information, please visit Official Website.