Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT) was established in 1920 in Harbin, Heilongjiang, China. In 1954, HIT became one of China’s first six leading universities. Presently HIT is a member of China’s top nine University Union (C9). It is a National Key University with science and engineering as its core and has developed to include management, liberal arts, economy, law and other disciplines. In the US News ranking for the Best Global Universities for Engineering, HIT ranked No.2 in China and No.6 globally.
For international students out of China only who want to study master or PhD degree can apply for HIT Independent Recruitment Program. HIT Independent Recruitment Program covers tuition fee, accommodation fee, stipend and insurance fee. It is one of the programs of Chinese Government Scholarship (hereinafter referred to as CSC scholarship) and assigned from Ministry of Education (hereinafter referred to as MOE) to the university to recruit outstanding international students. Applicants need to submit the application materials according to school requirements. HIT will select the best applicants and recommend to the China Scholarship Council.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese nationality in good health.
- International students out of China or former graduates of Chinese universities.
- Educational background required and age limit:
- Excellent performance in study.
- Applicants should have good ability in scientific research.
Note: The scholarship cannot be combined with any other scholarship.
Type of Scholarship: Master & Doctoral
- .Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, and accommodation fee;
- 800 RMB per year for Comprehensive Medical Insurance;
- Monthly stipend is granted to the students at the following rates:
- Master’s degree candidate: 3,000 RMB/month
- Doctoral degree candidate: 3,500 RMB/month
The applicants need to provide the following materials truly and correctly (in duplicate) and pay for the material assessment fee.
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (in duplicate).
- Highest full-time study diploma (original notarized document in English or Chinese).
- Transcripts (It is not required to be notarized, but must be signed and sealed from school. The transcripts in other languages must be translated in English or Chinese with notarization).
- A study or research plan (not less than 800 words in English or Chinese). The format can be [download]ed from official website: http://studyathit.hit.edu.cn/post/index/459.
- Two recommendation letters by professors or associate professors in English or Chinese.
- Passport copy (Valid for one year at least).
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
- Bank Receipt of Material Assessment Fee: 60 USD or 400 RMB
For more information, please visit Official Website.