Beijing Normal University, a key university under the administration of the Ministry of Education, is a renowned institution of higher education known for teacher education, education science and basic learning in both the arts and the sciences. The university’s predecessor, the Normal College of the Imperial University of Peking, was founded in 1902. In 1908, the school name was changed to Advanced Normal College of the Imperial University and the school became independent. In 1912, the name changed again, to Beijing Advanced Normal School, and then, in 1923, the name changed yet again to Beijing Normal University, the first Normal University in Chinese history. In 1931 and 1952, respectively, Peking Women’s Normal University and Fu Jen Catholic University merged to create Beijing Normal University.
Scholarship Coverage and Duration
The “Silk Road Muduo” scholarship include: tuition, accommodation allowance, living stipend and comprehensive medical insurance.
Undergraduates: 12; Graduate: 4; Ph.D.: 4
Coverage & standard:
1. Tuition waiver for the duration of study;
2. Provide accommodation allowance, living stipend during the study period;
- Undergraduate: RMB 2,500/month; accommodation allowance: RMB 700/month
- Master’s: RMB 3,000/month; accommodation allowance: RMB 700/month
- PhD: RMB 3,500/month; accommodation allowance: RMB 1,000/month
3. Provide comprehensive medical insurance;
4. The scholarship duration is equal to the duration of study. (If the awardee postpones his/her graduation, he/she will not be eligible for the scholarship during the extended period of studies. If the awardee suspends his/her study or leaves the school, his/her scholarship will be terminated)
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with good health, and maintain an amicable attitude towards China
2. Applicants must be citizens of the “One Belt and One Road” countries;
3. The applicant should have good conduct and outstanding results and meet the following conditions:
- Undergraduate applicants: Those with excellent scores in the entrance examination or those who have excellent results and have obtained exemption from entrance examination;
- Master’s degree applicants: Excellent bachelor’s degree, strong academic background, scientific research and innovation capabilities;
- Ph.D. applicants: Excellent master’s degree, with strong academic background, scientific research and innovation capabilities.
4. Applicants must be perspective international students who have been admitted by BNU programs;
5. The applicants should not receive any other types of scholarship and did not receive any financial aid from any government, department or organization.
1. For Master and PhD Programs, please visit: http://apply.bnu.edu.cn/ to complete a BNU online application and refer to:
http://iso.bnu.edu.cn/en/course?cid=10&pid=2&type_id=2&k=1, Instructions on 2020 Graduate Programs Admission to mail all the required documents. The documents are not required to be submitted repeatedly.
2. For Undergraduate Degree Program, please visit:
http://iso.bnu.edu.cn/en/course?cid=10&pid=2&type_id=2&k=0. Instructions on 2020 BNU International Undergraduate Students Admission for the required documents. The documents are not required to be submitted repeatedly.
3. “APPLICATION FORM OF SCHOLARSHIP FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS”
Note: The application materials will not be returned.
- The application deadline is March 15th, 2021 for undergraduate students, and April 30, 2021 for postgraduate students. Please submit all your application materials to the BNU Provost’s Office and Academic Affairs (Graduate School), Admission Office before the deadline.
- Beijing Normal University “Silk Road Muduo” Scholarship” recipients must take the annual review of the scholarship every May, to determine their scholarship qualification next year.
- If the students fail to pass the annual review, the scholarship will be suspended for one year; however, they will be allowed to take in the annual review the next year.
- If they are able to pass, the scholarship will resume and attend the next annual review, otherwise the scholarship will be terminated.
Provost’s Office and Academic Affairs (Graduate School), Admission Office
Beijing Normal University
A103, Main Building, No. 19 Xinjiekouwai Street, Haidian District
Beijing, China 100875
E-mail: email@example.com (Undergraduate Program)
firstname.lastname@example.org (Postgraduate Program)
For more information, please visit Official Website.