The Academy aims to be an avenue for participants to advance their leadership skills, to understand more about key gender differences and challenges in the public health sector, and to create a network of young Southeast Asian women leaders who work across national borders and drive collective action to nurture a strong ASEAN identity and community. This will be done through a series of online webinars and activities with general leadership skills training, break-out sessions, mentoring and networking opportunities with leaders from the region and the United States.
The program will start with online activities and sessions, tentatively followed by an in-person workshop scheduled in September 2021. The in-person workshop will be confirmed earlier in 2021, depending on the pandemic situation at the time. Selected participants will need to attend a minimum of 36-hours workshop sessions to become a YSEALI Women’s Leadership Academy alumni and part of the U.S. State Department program’s alumni.
- YSEALI Member (not a member yet? Join here!)
- Ages between 20 – 30 years old (at the time of application and workshop)
- Citizen of one of the following countries: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, or Vietnam
- Currently residing in one of the following countries: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, or Vietnam
- Working in the Public Health Sector, with 1-3 years experience
- Passionate about building communities and have a keen interest in building a network through collaboration and partnership with other Southeast Asian countries
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Will commit to a minimum of 36 hours of virtual/online sessions from the Academy’s agenda
If you’re interested to advance your leadership skills that will eventually empower you in your career, please apply by submitting this form before January 28, 2021.
How Can You Apply?
All applications submitted after the deadline will not be accepted. For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please visit Official Website.