The virtual workshop will include a series of online skills-building sessions, activities, speakers, virtual tours of Singapore-based U.S. companies highlighting future workforce initiatives, as well as mentoring and networking opportunities with leaders from the region and the United States. The schedule will include a full program on Sunday, May 16, two hours of commitment each evening during the week through a combination of interactive and self-directed work, and two full-day sessions on the final weekend of the program.
The program, arranged in partnership with the American Chamber of Commerce in Singapore will connect 60 participants from across ASEAN and showcase innovative approaches to leveraging the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR); explore 4IR challenges and opportunities and how they impact the future of work; and allow participants to connect with peers and leading experts.
Participants will gain understanding of how rapid technology and digital advances are altering the context of work in Asia and globally; receive mentorship; explore opportunities to expand their work; exchange ideas on how to foster economic growth in their communities; and discover avenues for stronger regional cooperation and cooperation between the U.S. and ASEAN. They will learn from 4IR experts, gain a look inside American companies at the forefront of innovation in addressing future workforce, and network with other young leaders from across ASEAN.
- YSEALI Member (Not a member yet? Join YSEALI!)
- Ages between 20 – 35 (at the time of application for the workshop)
- Citizen of one of the following countries: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vietnam
- Currently residing in one of the following countries: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vietnam
- Have at least 2 years of work experience
- Passionate about building communities and have a keen interest in building a network through collaboration and partnership with other Southeast Asian countries
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Will commit to a minimum of 36 hours of virtual/online sessions from the Workshop’s agenda
How to Apply?
Applications open Jan 1 – Feb. 1, 2021.
Apply now to participate!
What are YSEALI Regional Workshops and How do I participate?
Professional development is offered to young leaders (20 to 35 years of age, at time of application) who want to make an even bigger impact in their communities. YSEALI Generation Regional Workshops provide networking, mentoring, hands-on training, and the tools necessary to lead communities in addressing economic, environmental, educational, and civic engagement issues. By visiting one of the 11 YSEALI countries (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam), young leaders develop an appreciation for the similarities and differences of each other’s culture. Regional workshop participants are selected by the U.S. Embassy in the participant’s home country. Join YSEALI to get updates on upcoming YSEALI Generation Regional Workshops.
- Virtual Program May 16-23 – Full Agenda Details Forthcoming
- May 16 – full day, virtual program
- May 17-21 – evening virtual program only, 2 hours per day (alternating self-directed and collaborative sessions)
- May 22-23 – full days, virtual program
The Workshop is designed so that participants may remain in their jobs during the work week with minimal time commitment (2 hours per day) during the week.
For more information, please visit Official Website.