The Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) is an international English-speaking postgraduate institution, focusing on engineering, environment, and management studies. AIT’s rigorous academic, research, and experiential outreach programs prepare graduates for professional success and leadership roles in Asia and beyond.
Founded in 1959, AIT offers the opportunity to study at an institution in Asia which possesses a global reputation. Going forward, AIT will be stressing its global connections, injection of innovation into research and teaching, its relevance to industry, and its nurturing of entrepreneurship, while continuing to fulfill its social impact and capacity building role. Sitting on a beautiful green campus located just north of Bangkok, Thailand, AIT operates as a multicultural community where a cosmopolitan approach to living and learning is the rule. You will meet and study with people from all around the world.
Today, AIT’s internationally recognized engineering, environment, and management graduates are highly sought after by employers in their home countryand elsewhere. Across many walks of life in Asia, AIT alumni have distinguished themselves as CEO’s of private and state enterprises, as business owners, as well-respected researchers and faculty, and as senior university and government officials.
- A national of an ADB borrowing member country (applicants from countries that are no longer borrowing from ADB are not eligible for the ADB-JSP Scholarship)
- A Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior academic record.
- At least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at a time of application.
- Proficiency in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies.
- Not more than 35 years old at the time of application. In exceptional cases, for programs which are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years old.
- In good health.
- Should agree to return to his/her home county after completion of studies under the Program.
- Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management and staff of ADB, consultants, and relatives of the aforementioned are not eligible for the Scholarship.
- Staff of AIT are not eligible for the Scholarship.
- Applicants living or working in a country other than his/her home country are not eligible for the scholarships.
- ADB-JSP does not support applicants who are already enrolled in graduate degree programs.
- ADB-JSP does not sponsor undergraduate studies, distance learning programs, short-term training, conferences, seminars, thesis writing, and research projects.
- Priority to the ranking, or order of merit, proposed by AIT.
- Applicants with less than two years of work experience will not be selected.
- Preference to women candidates.
- Preference to applicants with lesser financial capacity. Family income should be not more than USD 50,000 per year and individual income should not be more than USD 25,000 per year.
- The Program will, in principle, not support applicants who have previously studied abroad.
- The Program will, in principle, not support applicants who are pursuing a second MA.
- Candidates who are applying at Designated Institute (DI) in their own country may not be selected.
- Diversification of nationality in the overall Program as well as at each DI level will be considered.
- The Program encourages studies in line with core areas of ADB’s Strategy 2020, which address poverty reduction through infrastructure, environment, regional cooperation and integration, finance sector development, and education. Strategy 2020, ADB’s strategy, sets ADB’s strategic course for its operations to the year 2020.
For more details, please refer to this LINK
- Copy of Degree Certificate and Transcript of 4 years of undergraduate degree program
- Have English proficiency score as required by AIT Language Center(IELTS-Academic: 6 (writing and overall) or AIT EET ≥ 6.0, TOEFL ≥ 550).
- Work certificate provided b the employer.
- Income statement. If married, please submit the spouse income statement; otherwise, parent income statement
- ADB-JSP Information sheet.
- Applicants should request information and application forms from the chosen DI (e.g. AIT). Applicants are encouraged to access various resources, including the DI’s website & handbooks, and DI information sessions held in-country, to assist them in making an informed decision on the DI and course they wish to undertake.
- Applicants should indicate to AIT that they are applying for admission and that they would like to be considered for the ADB-JSP Scholarship. The completed DI application form and required documentation, including the ADB-JSP Information Sheet form, should be submitted to AIT. Applicants must ensure that they submit accurate and complete documentation. Failure to do so may result in an application not being processed or to an award being terminated if documentation or information provided is later determined to be false. Applicants are required to submit their latest Income Tax Return or Certification of their Annual Salary/Monthly Salary, whichever is available. They should also submit a Certification of Family Income (Parent’s Income/Spouse if married).
- AIT will screen and rank the applicants, based on its own selection criteria, keeping in view the eligibility requirements and selection criteria of the ADB. In the evaluation process, AIT may contact the candidates for further information. AIT will then submit its ranked list of applicants to ADB, including a description of the score/grading system which is the basis for the ranking.
- ADB will review the submission from AIT and recommend awardees based on the selection criteria of ADB to the Executive Director of Japan for formal approval.
- Upon approval by the Executive Director of Japan, ADB will advise AIT on the successful candidates.
- AIT will inform all applicants of the outcome of the selection process and begin to make arrangements for the awardees take up their scholarships.
- AIT will arrange for the signing of the Acceptance of Scholarship Award by awardee wherein the scholars agree that after completion of their study, they will return to their home country.
- ADB will send an appropriate congratulatory letter to each scholar.
- Tuition fees (actual costs)
- Housing (based on actual cost of dormitory housing or a reasonable allowance for appropriate off campus housing—to be agreed upon between each DI and ADB).
- Subsistence Allowance including housing allowance (a flat allowance to be agreed upon between each DI and ADB).
- Student Medical and accident insurance (flat allowance).
- Books (a flat allowance to be agreed upon between each DI and ADB).
- Economy class air travel at most direct route to and from the DI and the awardee’s home country (actual costs).
- Miscellaneous expenses related to travel such as visa fees, airport taxes, luggage allowance, etc. (a flat allowance).
- Excess luggage up to 20 kgs may be financed during return travel to the home country (actual costs).
- Thesis/Research Allowance is intended to cover the scholar’s research expenditures and can be used for such expenditure items as photocopying, school supplies, typing and computer charges, postage, communications, binding charges, local travel costs and accommodation for out-of-town trips. (a flat allowance)
- Scholars are expected to have sufficient skills in language and computer to undertake their study program. However, in special cases where additional training is deemed necessary, expenditures incurred to improve language proficiency and computer literacy may be covered under the scholarship (actual costs).
- The ADB-JSP does not cover: expenses for the scholar family; extra-curricular courses or training; additional travel during the course of study program; additional expenses related to supplementary educational materials, field trips, or participation in workshops, seminars, or internships while at the DI or purchase of educational equipment such as computers.
Deadline for Fall semester(August 2021 intake): 31 March 2021
For more information, please visit Official Website.