Child’s Dream Association awards scholarships for selected undergraduate programmes leading to a bachelor degree in Thailand.
Scholarships will be granted on the basis of factors including: financial need, academic and work record, and applicant’s long-term plans. Scholarships are prioritized for applicants who plan to focus on the development of their country.
New students are selected in an open competition once a year.
A Child’s Dream scholarship covers 100% of student funding for all years of study, and broadly include:
1. Tuition and other fees (e.g. university fees, visa fees, etc.)
2. Supplies (e.g. uniforms, books, stationary)
3. Living cost (e.g. rent, food, transportation)
4. Other / Emergency (case by case basis)
Scholarship students are required to maintain student status throughout the period of their scholarship and abide by all the terms and conditions outlined in a separate grant letter and yearly budget agreements signed by the scholarship recipient.
- Nationality: must be a Myanmar national and have or be able to get a Myanmar ID card or passport. If an applicant has other ID or no ID, they must clearly demonstrate Myanmar connection to a Myanmar community and be able to get accepted to a university and obtain a university degree (graduate) with no ID.
- Age: must be aged 30 or younger at the application deadline.
- Financial need: must have a need for funding, for example, the family’s situation is poor, parents cannot support study in a university, or they do not have parents.
- No other scholarship: must not be receiving partial or full funding from other scholarship organizations. Tuition fee waivers or other financial support from universities is OK.
- For most undergraduate study programmes, applicants must have a minimum of 12 years of previous education Myanmar matriculation examination/10 standard plus two years of university study) or a certificate facilitating university admission (e.g. General Educational Development degree/ GED). Please check this carefully before applying to university and our scholarship. You must be sure you are eligible.
- Students must demonstrate proficiency in English and/or Thai, depending on their study programme.
- Students who are UNHCR registered are not eligible.
Other eligibility notes
- It is every applicant’s own responsibility to apply to university on time and obtain university admission. Applicants should do this independently from this scholarship application.
- This scholarship supports full-time study leading to a bachelor degree; part-time degrees are not eligible.
- Distance education programmes are not eligible for funding.
- Language preparation or university-preparation courses which are not part of the degree credits are not supported, for example, classes before starting Year 1 are not supported.
- Scholarships for family members of students who have a scholarship from Child’s Dream are not prioritised. Failure to disclose this information correctly in this application form could result in immediate cancellation of the scholarship.
- Students currently studying at university are not prioritized and will only be considered in exceptional circumstances, i.e. other scholarship organization can no longer support; the majority of scholarships will be given to students who will start in their first semester of the first year.
- December 2020 to February 2021 – Distribute application forms
- 28 February 2021 – Application deadline
- March 2021 – Scholarship team screens all applications and decides on a shortlist for interviews and invites successful applicants to interviewing. If you do not hear a reply from us by the end of March, your application was not successful.
- April 2021 – Scholarship team runs personal face-to-face interviews with short-listed candidates
- Mid-May 2021 – Interviewees are informed by e-mail about the outcome of the scholarship application; unsuccessful candidates are informed.
- May 2021 – Scholarship team makes offers of scholarships
- May/June/July 2021 (depends on the university) – Students apply to university and get admission. Please be aware that some universities have early application deadlines and some universities require you to sit an entrance or placement exam
- June to August 2021 – New scholarship students sign grant letters and budget agreements
- Usually August; depends on each university – Study starts
List of Universities
- Asia-Pacific International University – Education in Teaching
- Bangkok University – Communication Arts
- Bangkok University – Innovative Media Production
- Chiang Mai University – Social Sciences
- Chulalongkorn University – Economics
- King Mongkut – Software Engineering
- King Mongkut – Engineering and Technology Management
- Mae Fah Luang University – Public Health
- Mahidol University – Natural Resources and Environmental Management
- Rangsit University – International Relations and Development
- Thammasat University – Economics
- Thammasat University – Civil Engineering
- Thammasat University – Mechanical Engineering
- Thammasat University – Social Policy and Development
For more information, please visit Official Website.