Hohai University is a public research university in Nanjing, China. It is under the direct administration of the Ministry of Education of China, and the University is among the first batch of state-authorizing universities to award bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees to foreign students.
1. Chinese University Program (Type B)
- Applicants need to complete both the China Scholarship Council and Hohai University online applications respectively on http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn (Agency Number: 10294) and http://admission.hhu.edu.cn.
*Chinese government scholarship is subject to an annual evaluation regulation. It’s up to the annual review result whether the candidate will be continuously sponsored.
2. Hohai University Scholarship
- Hohai University scholarship is annually reviewed, based on the candidate’s academic result, research and comprehensive performances. The result will be updated each academic year.
Ø The first-class scholarship includes tuition, on-campus accommodation, comprehensive medical insurance and monthly allowance.
Ø The second-class scholarship includes tuition and on-campus accommodation.
Ø The third-class scholarship includes tuition.
3. Nanjing Municipal Government Scholarship
- The scholarship is 20,000RMB/year. (Annual Review).
- The applicant shall download “the Application Form for Nanjing Government Scholarship for International Students” on http://ie.hhu.edu.cn/7298/list.htm, fill in the form and upload it to the online application system as an attachment.
- Non-Chinese citizens with valid passports, physically and mentally healthy, shall abide by Chinese laws and regulations, respect Chinese traditions and customs. Chinese citizens who have obtained foreign nationalities shall follow the relevant regulations of Ministry of Education, China.
- The master’s applicant should have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent one, under age 35; the doctoral applicant should have a master’s degree or equivalent one, under age 40.
Majors and Disciplines
- In 2022, there’re 126 graduate majors (44 doctoral and 82 master’s ones) available for international students, of which 51 are taught in English (22 doctoral and 29 master’s ones) at Hohai University.
1. Scan copy of the passport (Valid after Aug.30, 2023);
2. Scan copies of all the original diplomas and degrees starting from undergraduate (Chinese or English version); Those to be graduated should provide the proof of graduation from current school.
3. Scan copies of the original transcripts with all the courses starting from the undergraduate (Chinese or English version);
4. Curriculum vitae (Consecutive study experiences since undergraduate. Full study experience is required for those who have studied in China);
5. Scan copies of the China related visa and residence permit, including all the study experiences. Upload your passport instead if there isn’t any;
6. A personal statement or study plan, at least 800 words;
7. English language proficiency certificate (For applicants from non-English speaking countries, TOEFL, IELTS or other proof of their English proficiency is required);
8. Two recommendation letters from associate professors or above in a related academic field (English or Chinese version);
9. Foreigner Physical Examination Form (see Attachment 1). The applicant should conduct the examination strictly according to the list. The result is valid for 6 months.
10. Financial proof (either the family deposit certificate, property certificate or parent/guardian income certificate, over $5000 suggested);
11. Catalogue and abstract of published papers if there is any;
12. Non-criminal record (Those to be graduated may provide the proof of good performance at the current university);
13. Signed personal commitment (see Attachment 2);
1. Certificates uploaded must be original or notarized in Chinese or English.
2. The files uploaded must be colored scan copies of the original ones.
3. The applicants should guarantee that the information and materials provided are accurate and genuine without any counterfeiting, otherwise the admission will be canceled.
Application Period: Jan.1- May 30, 2022.
- Complete the online application of Hohai University via http://admission.hhu.edu.cn and pay the application fee.
- Application fee: 400RMB/$60
- Applicants shall pay 400 RMB online through Hohai Payment Platform or transfer $60 to the university’s bank account. The application fee is non-refundable.
International School, Hohai University
Add: No.1, Xikang Road, Nanjing, Jiangsu Province, China
Zip Code: 210098
Tel: +86 25 83787955
Fax: +86 25 83787981
Attachments: 1. Foreigner Physical Examination Form