The Asian Development Bank’s Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP) provides opportunities for qualified citizens of the ADB member countries to pursue postgraduate studies in development-related fields. Kyoto University is now one of the destination institutions of the program and opens the fields for the incoming student.
The International Project Management Program (i-PM) offers an educational curriculum in management necessary to accomplish projects with special aims and diverse constraints or uncertainties for the purpose of nurturing highly advanced professionals who will take active part in these areas of management.
All applicants of the ADB-JSP must:
- Match the application eligibility requirements for i-PM.
- A national of an ADB borrowing member (ADB borrowing member countries include: Afghanistan / Armenia / Azerbaijan / Bangladesh / Bhutan / Cambodia / Cook Islands / Fiji Islands / Georgia / India / Indonesia / Kazakhstan / Kiribati / Kyrgyz Republic / Lao PDR / Malaysia / Maldives / Marshall Islands / Micronesia / Mongolia / Myanmar / Nauru / Nepal / Niue / Pakistan / Palau / Papua New Guinea / Philippines / Samoa / Solomon Islands / Sri Lanka / Tajikistan / Thailand / Timor-Leste / Tonga / Turkmenistan / Tuvalu / Uzbekistan / Vanuatu / Vietnam)
- Gained admission to an approved i-PM course at Kyoto University.
- A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior academic record.
- At least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application. Proficiency in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies.
- Not more than 35 years old at the time of application.
- In good health.
- Should agree to return to his/her home country after completion of studies under the Program.(Required to work in his/her home country more than 2 years after that.)
- Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management and staff of ADB, consultants, and relatives of the aforementioned are not eligible for the Scholarship.
- Staff of ADB-JSP designated institutions are not eligible to apply for the Scholarship.
- Applicants living or working in a country other than his/her home country are not eligible for scholarships.
- ADB-JSP does not support applicants who are already enrolled in graduate degree programs.
- ADB-JSP does not sponsor undergraduate studies, distance learning programs, short-term training, co nferences, seminars, thesis writing, and research projects.
- Preference to applicants with lesser financial capacity. 15)The Program will, in principle, not support applicants who have previously studied abroad.
- The Program will, in principle, not support applicants who are pursuing a second MA or a second PhD degree.
- Information sheet: designated format of ADB[Successful Applicants ONLY]* Please prepare the following document(s) soon after the date of announcement of successful applicants.
- Income certificate(s): Individual annual income should be issues by the current employer and family income (parents/spouse) should be certified true copy or notarized, in English with US$ equivalent. If parents are unemployed or deceased, these should also be certified or notarized.* We ONLY accept any inquiries about above document(s) from successful applicants of GSM examination.
ADB website: For more details about ADB scholarship, please follow the link.
The International Program under the Kyoto University Graduate School of Management will accept a university graduate in various academic fields, someone with working experience or with a full-time job from all over the world. (Working experience is NOT required.)
The International Program aims to nurture true professionals with a high level of specialization and practical knowledge in project management and business administration. The school is interested in selecting individuals who possess an awareness of basic issues in modern-day project management and business administration. The selection process will, in principle, take place by evaluating the submitted application materials.
The program does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, nationality, political beliefs or disability.
- Only applicants for i-PM (International Project Management Program) are eligible to apply for ADB-JSP scholarship. For applying for i-PM, you need to pay the application fee (10,000 JPY) by the application period (Aug.24-Sep.18, 2020).
- Applicants for i-BA (International Business Admission Program) CANNOT apply for ADB-JSP scholarship.
The ADB-JSP will cover
- tuition fees,
- travel expenses,
- subsistence allowance of approximately 147,000 yen/month,
- medical/accident insurance,
- books/instructional material and research allowances,
Application Deadline: September 18, 2020
For more information, please visit Official Website.