Global Peace Summit Turkey 2020 (GPST) is providing opportunities to extraordinary young, competent and enthusiastic peace builders from 100+ countries. One, we develop their ideas and road maps moving closer to achieve the sustainable development goals. Two, we advocate for peace in their communities in order to counter extreme violence, hate and all forms of discrimination.
This summit aims to inspire youth to sharpen skills of peace education, facilitate the exchange of ideas and project sharing, and new network to form with like-minded individuals and world leaders.
This summit will provide an opportunity to students and young leaders to bring solutions and projects on “Reshaping Youth Response to UNSDGs” by participation in different peace sessions, talks, group discussions and activities with international delegates and speakers.
Global Peace Summit Turkey 2020 will foster mutual understanding and harness capacity building of youth. Social harmony, exposure, and ideation creates new impact. GPST also aims to engage young people in conflict resolution, amplify their voice for social justice and create harmonious environment among communities & societies.
- Peace education is the process of acquiring the values, the knowledge and developing the attitudes, skills, and behaviors to live in harmony with oneself, with others, and with the natural environment.
- Global citizenship is the idea that all people have unalienable rights and civic responsibilities as a member of the world. With a whole-world philosophy and sensibility, rather than as a singular citizen of a particular nation or place.
- Empowering the Post COVID-19 Generation by developing solutions to address UNSDGs and surmount chronic barriers. The pandemic has effected the entire world, sending many communities into dire conditions, while health, social and economic infrastructure is under threat. We aim to develop concrete action plans for the most affected and deprived communities through our social projects.
- Youth Leaders for Social Transformation has been termed the notable change agent and driver of societal transformations, especially in a diverse developing country. To rise and develop their mindset through various talents or by combining their uniqueness and diverse moral systems of beliefs to bring positive change.
- Youth Engagement in Politics Young people make up a powerful and energetic segment of the population that yields potential to bring infinite change in a society. Seldom, are their efforts fully appreciated or recognized. Social media has provided young minds with a platform to represent themselves and their unfiltered opinion.
- Disabling Inequalities by providing equal opportunities to everyone beyond their religious, cultural, ethnical background and initiate togetherness by overcoming hate, discrimination and extremism.
- Youth between 16-40 of age.
- Open minded,highly motivated and passionate.
- Students,young professionals are encouraged to apply.
- Dedicated to achieve United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
- Fully funded applicants will be provided an Air-Ticket, Accommodation, Certificate, Meals (Breakfast and Lunch), Conference Kit, Conference Fee, Site Seeing, Cultural Evening Ceremony, Celebration Party
- Partially funded applicants will be provided Accommodation, Certificate, Meals (Breakfast and Lunch), Conference Kit, Conference Fee, Site Seeing, Cultural Evening Ceremony, Celebration Party
- Self-funded applicants will be provided Certificate, Conference Kit, Conference Fee, Site Seeing, Cultural Evening Ceremony, Celebration Party
Benefits of GPS Turkey 2020
- Fully Funded/Partial Funded/Self Funded slots
- Airfare & Accommodation
- Visa Assistance
- Opportunity to interact with Global Leaders
- Meet with like minded young social entrepreneurs
- Share your initiatives with others
- Peace Education & Leadership Capacity Building
- Panel discussions
- Key note speeches
- Focused group discussions
- Group activities
- Awards & Certifications
- Signatory campaign
- Cultural Presentation
- Gala Night
- Site visit
Submission Deadline: August 30th, 2020 at 11:59 EST
For queries & more information: email@example.com
For more information, please visit Official Website.