The AYF Fellowship is a one-year live-in working internship on Awaji Island, Japan at the home of the Awaji Youth Federation, Manabi no Sato. It provides selected Fellows with the opportunity to challenge themselves and hone their individual skills in a multicultural environment that reflects both the needs of the Japanese workplace and the opportunities that come with a flexibly structured and stimulating `learning by doing` curriculum.
Guided by the philosophy of `Be the Change You Wish to See`, AYF works under the umbrella of the Pasona Group towards sustainable solutions for society`s problems. AYF Fellows have a special chance to bring a unique global perspective to a highly localized regional community on Awaji Island in Japan.
- Graduated with a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
- English ability of TOEIC 800 or equivalent for non-native speakers. (Fluent both in speaking and writing)
- Japanese language skill （JLPT N1-N3）preferable
- Commitment to solving society’s problems and contributing to our projects.
- Core values of hard work, discipline, and care for others
- Flexible, perseverance and resilience
- The ability and drive to translate ideas into concrete action
Fees and Conditions
- The AYF Fellowship has been designed so that Fellows will be able to enhance their skills and abilities without being burdened financially while in Japan. As an Awaji Youth Federation Fellow, you will be employed by the Pasona Group Inc. and enjoy the following benefits and conditions, while fees and government taxes are processed by Pasona. Applicants who are successfully selected need to fund their own travel costs to and from Japan.
- Below is last generation’s financial breakdown
|1. Stipend JPY 70,000||1. 5 days a week of working & learning|
|2. Government fees and taxes covered||2. 10 days of paid leave available six months into the Fellowship|
|3. Program, Accommodation & Meals covered|
|Accommodation||Meals (Working days only)|
|1. Individual room in either Japanese or Western style||1. Although AYF attempts to accommodate Fellows with food allergies, special dietary needs or those following|
|2. Utility costs such as electricity and Wi-Fi are included||religious dietary practices including Halal diet, the dishes we provide are general buffet style.|
- 2022 Applications will be done on a Rolling Admission basis. Join AYF Global to get access to the application form.
- AYF Global Sign-up Form
|November 1st||December 31st||December – January|
|Applications open||Overseas Candidates Application Deadline||Interviews / over skype|
|Shortlisted applicants will be notified by early December.||Applicants passing the first round of interviews will be invited for a second round.|
|January 2022||February 15th||April 2022|
|COE & Visa||Japan Residents Application Deadline||Fellowship Begins|
|Take necessary procedures for immigration and employment.||Shortlisted applicants will be notified on a Rolling Basis|
For more information, please visit AYF Fellowship Program website.