November 1, 2022
Cetana is pleased to announce a scholarship that will provide up to $13,000 USD per year for a maximum of two years to a student studying for a master’s degree at a university in Thailand with the goal of becoming a teacher.
This scholarship honors Frederick and Bertha Dickason, who went to what was then called Burma in the 1930s and, except during World War II, served there as educational and medical missionaries until 1966, as well as their children, David Dickason, Jean Dickason, and Lois Dickason Young, and Lois’s husband, Jack Young, who founded the Cetana Educational Foundation in 1993. They founded the organization in response to an urgent need for educational opportunities for Myanmar youth. This scholarship continues the foundation’s mission to provide these opportunities to the young people of Myanmar.
The eligibility requirements are:–
- The applicant must be a Myanmar National.
- The applicant must have a bachelor’s degree and have proficiency in English.–Study must be in Thailand and in a master’s program that will prepare the applicant to teach (preference will be given to English as a Second Language).
- Study must be full time and students must agree to complete the program within its normal duration or two years, whichever is less.
- Students must maintain full-time student status throughout the time of the grant and abideby all conditions of the grant, including the promise to return to Myanmar (or work with Myanmar communities) abroad for a minimum of three years after the degree is obtained.
- Applicants must independently apply to and be accepted by a university in Thailand.
The Application Form https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kuw68vF339FlrXXNCW119CbvGYGU0o2w/view?usp=sharing
To submit your application and documents:
The application deadline is January 4, 2023.
Notification of award will be March 15, 2023.
The application and required documents should be submitted to email@example.com
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.