Chinese Government Scholarship –Chinese University Program is established by the Ministry of Education of China (hereinafter referred to as MOE), aiming to develop outstanding international talent and improve the perception of China’s higher education. Under the mandate of the MOE, Zhejiang University is opening application for full-time postgraduate studies under the 2022 Chinese Government Scholarship –Chinese University Program.
Basic Information and Duration of the Scholarship
1. Coverage of the scholarship:
- Tuition waiver;
- Free accommodation on campus;
- Stipend: Granted in accordance with the relevant standard;
Comprehensive Medical Insurance
Note: For more detailed information, please view web page of Introduction to Chinese Government Scholarships at the website of CSC.
- In case a partial scholarship is offered, the scholarship coverage should be subject to the relevant regulations of CSC.
2. Categories of Applicants and Duration of the Scholarship.
- Doctoral Degree Students: 3-4 academic years
- Master’s Degree Students: 2-3 academic years
Note: Applicants who apply for courses instructed in Chinese must have a good command of Chinese language. If their Chinese proficiency have not reached the requirement of our institution for professional learning, they are required to take one-year remedial Chinese language courses and pass the relevant test prior to the studies in their specialties. For those who take the one-year remedial Chinese language courses, the duration of the scholarship will be extended correspondingly.
3. The agency number for Zhejiang University is 10335. Scholarship for Chinese University Program is Type B in the CSC system.
When and How to Apply
- Application deadline: February 28, 2022
- Applicants must log in to the Online Application System For International Students of Zhejiang University, clearly fill in and completely upload the application materials as required.
Please also note the winter break is from January 15, 2022 to February 17, 2022, Application submitted during the above-mentioned time period will be processed after the end of the winter break.
- Scholarship applicants must meet the qualifications for postgraduate admissions of Zhejiang University. Please refer to the admission bulletins for details.
* Applicants with Bachelors’ Degree Diplomas obtained from Top 500 World Universities according to the Shanghai Ranking (https://www.shanghairanking.com.cn) or Zhejiang University’s overseas partner universities are welcome to apply.
In addition to the application documents for admissions, (please refer to following admission bulletin for more information: Master’s Degree Programs, Doctoral DegreePrograms) scholarship applicants must submit the following supplementary materials.
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, filled in Chinese or in English, pasted with a recent photograph (white background, 35mm×45mm in size).
- Applicants shall fill in and submit application form via the CSC Online Application System for Study in China, then print application form and sign.
- Agency No. of Zhejiang University is 10335. Scholarship for Chinese University Program is Type B in the CSC system.
2. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (Download) . The original copy should be kept by the applicant. This form is uniformly printed by the Chinese health and quarantine department and needs to be filled out in English.
- The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. In view of the fact that the examination results are valid for 6 months, applicants are requested to reasonably arrange the time for their physical examination accordingly.
3. Non-Criminal Record Certificate.
4. 2022 Version of Form for Provisional Acceptance of International Student by ZJU supervisor. (Download)
5. Scholarship Applicants are strongly encouraged to provide GRE、NTS-GAT test scores.
1. The above application materials must be submitted by the applicant in the application system together with the admission application materials for admission before February 28, 2022.
2. Those with incomplete application materials or those who do not meet the requirements will not be accepted.
3. Please do NOT post the hard copies of the application materials or send them by e-mail. The paper application materials and the application materials sent by e-mail will not be reviewed and processed.
4. Supplementary materials or video interview may be required when necessary.
5. If applicants re-fill or modify the application information at CSC Online Application System after they submit application materials, they need to send the Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship to admission email; otherwise the university may not be able to process the application via CSC Online Application System for Study in China.
Room 418, International College Building, West Zone, Zi-jin-gang Campus, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou，China
Post Code: 310058
Tel: +86 571 87951537
Fax: +86 571 87951755 Website: http://iczu.zju.edu.cn