Tianjin University currently offers 64 undergraduate programs, most of them are 4-year full-time study (except for the program of architecture which requires 5 years). The programs are usually delivered in Chinese, while Chemical Engineering (IChemE Accredited), Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering and Pharmaceutical Science could be taught in English. Please click here for the Catalog of 2022 Undergraduate Programs.
1. Chinese Government Scholarship (Type A) (for Chinese-taught Programs only)
- Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply to the local dispatching authorities or Chinese embassies/consulates in their home country. When filling in the application form for Chinese Government Scholarship, please fill in “Tianjin University” as your first choice in the column of “application institution”. It is suggested that applicants apply to Chinese embassies/consulates after obtaining pre-admission certificate. For application deadlines and other relevant information, please refer to the websites of Chinese embassies/consulates.
2. Qiushi Scholarship/Tianjin University Scholarship/Tianjin University Scholarship in Chemical Engineering
- Applicants are required to fill in and sign the relevant application form before uploading a scanned copy of the document onto the “Others” section of the online application platform (tju.at0086.cn/student).
Click here to download the Qiushi Scholarship Application Form
Click here to download the Tianjin University International Student Scholarship Application Form
Click here to download the Tianjin University Scholarship in Chemical Engineering Application Form
How to Apply
Applicants should complete an Online Application on our website ( tju.at0086.cn/student) according to the application schedule. Applicants should fill in the application information online and upload the application documents listed below to the Online Application System.
- Oct 15th, 2021 – Jun 15th, 2022 (Due to the limited quota of scholarships, students who want to apply for scholarships must submit applications before April 15th, 2022)
- Admission results will be announced in early July, 2022.
- The application system will still be available during the winter break. Due to the limited quota of each school, early application is strongly advised.
Please upload all the listed documents below to the application system:
1. Scan of original high school diploma or original notarized diploma. (Scan of pre-graduation certificate is required if the applicants have not gained certificate. Please resubmit the original highest diploma or original notarized diploma before registration).
2. Scan of notarized copy of the high school academic transcripts or scan of international standardization test results (such as SAT/ACT/A-Level/AP/IB etc.).
3. Photocopy of passport within the validity period.
- Applicants who have immigrated to other countries or whose parent is a Chinese national should provide proof of time for naturalization, proof of renunciation of Chinese nationality and a visa record of recent four years.
4. Proof of Chinese or English proficiency (For specific requirements, please refer to Qualification of Applicants)
5. Study Experience Resume (The start and end time of each education experience must be uninterrupted, and education level should start from senior high school). Click here to download Study Experience Resume template
6. Personal statement or study plan (600 words at least).
7. Photocopy of foreigner physical examination form (The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Please select the appropriate time to have medical examination as the medical results have a 6-month validity).
8. Applicants who are now in China must submit scan of Photocopy of Visa and Transfer Certificate from present school.
9. Applicants who are not in China at present must submit scan of Certificate of Non-Criminal Records (Fresh high school graduates are required to submit a certificate that shows the applicant’s good record of conduct and performance in school, issued by their respective high schools).
10. Other attachments
- Applicants for architectural majors are requested to submit five sketches of the applicants’ own works.
- Certificate of Bank saving or Income Certificate of Financial Guarantor.
- Applicants who are still under the age of 18 as of September 1st, 2022 must submit the original guardian certificate.
- Certificate of award etc.
International Admissions Office, School of International Education, Tianjin University
Address: No.92, Weijin Road, Nankai District, Tianjin, China
Zip code: 300072
For more information，please visit website: http://sie.tju.edu.cn/en/, www.tju.edu.cn