Beihang University: One of the leading Universities in China
-The Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) top 200
World-class Major rankings 2020 by ARWU
-No.1 in Aerospace Science and Technology
-No.2 in Instrument Science and Technology
Best Major ranking in China 2020 by ARWU
-No.3 in Software Engineering
Chinese Government Scholarship High-level Postgraduate Program
-Established by the Ministry of Education of P.R. China
-A full-time and full scholarship program
-Beihang University: Program category: TYPE B; Agency number: 10006
●The scholarship covers:
The scholarship does NOT contain:
-International travel expenses
The program starts from Oct. 25, 2022 to Feb. 20, 2023
-Applications received later than Feb. 20, 2023 will not be accepted.
-Applicants are suggested to submit online application including required application documents as early as possible due to the limited scholarship quotas.
Master program 2-3 years, Doctoral program 4 years.
– be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health both mentally and physically.
– be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master’s programs;
– be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs;
– have acquired the Chinese proficiency of HSK Level 4 (or above) when applying for Chinese-taught master’s or doctoral programs.
-we warmly welcome the applicants with Bachelors’ Degree or Masters’ Degree obtained from the QS World University Rankings Top 500, or from ARWU Top 500 universities.
Required Application Documents
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (in Chinese or English).
2. Copy of Passport Home Page. If the validity of the applicant’s current passport does not meet the requirement (meaning the passport expires before September 2023), please apply for a new passport before submitting the application.
3. Notarized highest diploma. Prospective diploma winners must submit official proof of student status by their current school. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
4. Academic transcripts (from the undergraduate program onwards). Copies of academic records from first to last semester during the undergraduate, graduate (if any), and doctoral programs (if any) shall be provided. These transcripts shall be issued and sealed by the attending university’s academic affairs office, graduate school, or student management department. They can be in Chinese or English, but must be attached with notarized English translations if they are in foreign languages other than English.
5. Language qualification certificates. Applicants for Chinese-taught programs must submit valid HSK reports (HSK Level 4 or above) within 2 years. It is not necessary to provide HSK report if your previous educational language is Chinese in a Chinese university. Applicants for English-taught programs shall provide relevant English proficiency certificates. The minimum score for different English tests are: IELTS 6.0 Academic, TOEFL 90, Duolingo 105, within 2 years. It is recommended to submit GRE scores at the same time (if any).
6. Acceptance letter. All the applicants should provide this document in principle. Please use the format we provide. Click to download the Acceptance letter form
7. A study plan proposal. A study plan written in Chinese or English shall contain more than 1,000 characters or words; the proposal of a doctoral student shall be signed by the applicant’s Chinese supervisor. Click to download the Study Plan form
8. Recommendation letters. Two letters of recommendation (written only in Chinese or English) from professors or associate professors shall be submitted. These letters shall describe the applicant’s objectives of learning in China, comprehensive abilities, and evaluation of future growth, as well as the cooperation between the supervisors or the exchange between universities both in China and abroad. Please note that the recommendation letter is not limited to the format, but the applicant must be recommended from the following three aspects: 1) evaluation of the applicant’s academic ability; 2) Evaluation of the applicant’s scientific research ability; 3) Identification of the applicant’s cultivation potential.
9. Example of art. To apply for majors related to art or design, applicants could submit their own works through “Example of Art/Other Supporting Documents” in the system. Applicants could also provide such materials to the applied universities directly in other ways.
10. A photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form completed in English (the original copy shall be kept by the applicant). The form is designed by the Chinese quarantine authority and can be obtained from the dispatching authority. The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the final suggestion or signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take a physical examination as the result is valid for only 6 months. Click to download the physical examination form
11. Non-criminal record report. The applicant shall submit a valid certificate of Non-Criminal Record issued by the local public security authority, usually issued within 6 months prior to the submission date of the application.
12. Integrity commitment letter Click to download the Integrity Commitment Letter template
13. Resume (If the study and work experience is not continuous, please attach an explanation).
14. The List of Application Documents and Post Address confirmed. Click to download the list
-Uploaded supporting documents must be clear, authentic, and valid. Applicants are recommended to use a professional device to scan the relevant documents. Applicants shall bear the consequences caused by unclear or unidentifiable uploaded materials.
-Documents should be in English or Chinese or attached with translations in English or Chinese.
-Your document review process will only start after your application fee receipt submitted in the system or you have successfully paid in the application system directly.
-If there are any authenticity issues with your application materials, your application qualification will be cancelled immediately.
How to pay the application fee
Application fee: RMB 400 Yuan or USD $70
There are two options for your payment.
1.You pay the application fee through the PAYEASE online payment function in the application system.
2. You pay the application fee by bank remittance service.
The Beneficiary info for Application Fee
Beneficiary Name: BEIHANG UNIVERSITY
Account No.: 0200006209026400229
Beneficiary Banker’s Name: Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, Beijing Dongsheng Road Branch, Beijing, China
Swift Code: ICBKCNBJBJM
-Application Fee paid via WeChat/ Alipay/PayPal or in cash will not be accepted.
-If you pay by bank remittance, please write down applicant’s name and passport information on the receipt before you submitted it into application system.
-Please double check by yourself if you need to pay the application fee or not in advance. Payment is not refundable.
-Beihang fresh graduates do NOT need to pay the application fee.
How to apply
●All applicants shall submit your application in both Beihang International Student Online Application System and CSC system. Links are as below:
Beihang International Student Online Application System: http://admission.buaa.edu.cn
CSC system: http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/
-You must complete your application in BOTH Beihang and CSC systems. Please ensure that the documents uploaded in the two systems are consistent. Otherwise, your application will be treated as invalid and incomplete.
●Applicants shall follow the instruction as below to execute your application process, please be careful with your choice for the correct Program Category “TYPE B” and accurate Agency Number for Beihang University “10006” in CSC system.
●Application Period ：Oct. 25, 2022 to Feb. 20, 2023,
-Applications received later than Feb. 20, 2023 will not be accepted.
-Applicants are suggested to submit online application as early as possible due to the limited scholarship quotas.
●Beihang will organize document review, preliminary interview, and academic interview in different batches. Interview will be online, through ZOOM or Tencent meeting platform. The best candidates will be selected according to the comprehensive evaluation processes and results. The recommendation results will be released in stages through the website of the International School Beihang University. Once the applicant is recommended, his or her major shall not be changed.
● Beihang University shall submit the recommended candidates list and their application documents to the CSC; the CSC will organize designated experts to examine applicants’ eligibility and academic performance, select and finalize the short-list candidates.
● The admission notices and relevant documents will be sent by Beihang University to the successful candidates via e-mail or express delivery.
-Beihang university never authorize any intermediary agency to carry out scholarship enrollment. Please do not trust paid services and false promises from intermediaries.
– Hard copy of the documents are not required in the application 2023.
Supervisor List and Course Catalogue
You may find more details and FAQ via the website of international school of Beihang University.
For any further inquiries, please contact us
Questions related to criteria & application materials requirement please consult:
Ms. HUANG Ping
Question related to Scholarship policies and major selection please consult:
Ms. YANG Xue
Address: International School of Beihang University, No. 37 Xueyuan Road, Haidian District, Beijing 100191, P.R. China