2023 Scholarships for International Students, Chinese Government Scholarship – High Level Postgraduate Program
Chinese Government Scholarship-High Level Postgraduate Program is a full scholarship established by Ministry of Education, P.R.C to support designated Chinese universities to enroll outstanding international students for graduate studies in China. Tianjin University (TJU), as a first-class university in China, has been designated to undertake this program for over ten years since 2008.
I. When and Where to Apply
Applicants should complete an Online Application on the website (tju.at0086.cn/student) according to the application schedule. Applicants should fill in the application information online, upload the application documents listed below to the Online Application System. Students who are admitted and nominated for the Chinese Government Scholarship- High Level Postgraduate Program need to log into the system of China Scholarship Council at http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua/ within the specified time to submit the scholarship application (The Agency Number for Tianjin University is 10056; Choose Program Category Type B).
Deadline for Application:
Jan 31, 2023
II. Supporting Categories and Scholarship Duration
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport. For applicants who used to be Chinese citizens but later immigrated to other countries, the conditions set by the Document No. 12 (2020) of Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China should be met.
2. Requirements for applicants’ degree and age:
Applicant applying for a Master degree should hold a Bachelor diploma and be under the age of 35;
Applicant applying for a PhD degree should hold a Master diploma and be under the age of 40.
Applicants shall be of good moral character, physically and mentally healthy, and willing to comply with Chinese laws and the regulations of Tianjin University.
3. Language Proficiency requirements:
① Chinese-taught programs applicants need to submit HSK5 certificates (Score 180 or above).
(Native Chinese speakers or applicants taught in Chinese during master study may be exempted from the HSK test after certified by Tianjin University)
② English-taught programs applicants need to submit English proficiency certificate (Native English speakers are exempted). TOEFL: no less than 80, IELTS: no less than 6.0. (Native English speakers are exempted. Applicants who obtained their highest diploma taught in English may provide a certificate of English instruction instead of IELTS or TOEFL certificate)
IV. Scholarship Coverage
1. Tuition waiver and accommodation on campus;
2. Monthly Living Allowance:
3,000 RMB/month for Master students;
3,500 RMB/month for PhD students;
3. Comprehensive Medical Insurance.
V. Program Catalogue
All Master and PhD programs in Tianjin University.
VI. Application Materials
Please upload all listed documents below to the application system:
1. Scan Copy of Bachelor and Master Diploma. Scan of pre-graduation certificate is required if the applicants have not gained degree certificate before the application deadline, please resubmit the notarized copy of highest diploma before registration.
2. Scan of notarized copy of the Bachelor and Master academic transcripts (Applicants who will not graduate before the application deadline must provide their current academic transcript. In this case, the completed academic transcripts must be submitted before registration).
3. Photocopy of passport. (Ordinary passport expires after September 2023)
4. Chinese or English Proficiency Certificate (for more requirements, please refer to Qualifications)
5. Study Experience Resume (The start and end time of each education experience must be uninterrupted, and education level should start from senior middle school).
6. Form of Provisional Acceptance of International Student by TJU Professor. Remember to upload it to the application system, if you get the Acceptance Letter.
7. Study or research plan: no less than 1000 words in English or Chinese. (If you get the Acceptance Letter, your research plan should be signed by TJU professor)
8. Two recommendation letters in English or Chinese from two professors or associate professors.
9. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (The medical examinations must cover all the items listed and should be conducted after October, 2022).
10. Applicants who are now in China must submit scan of Photocopy of Visa and Transfer Certificate from present university.
11. Scan of Non-Criminal Records or Student Performance Letter.
12. Published papers or formal acceptance notification (Compulsory for PhD applicants).
13. Other attachments: (CSC application form with signature, applicants of School of Architecture are requested to submit E-work Collection and Video Presentation etc.)
Download the template of application materials: http://sie.tju.edu.cn/jxj/zgzfjxj/
1. All uploaded documents should be in Chinese or in English; otherwise notarial translations in Chinese or English are required. Once translated, the original documents and certified translations are to be submitted together to the application system.
2. Please scan the original or notarized application documents in color using a scanner. Images captured by mobile phone or camera are not acceptable. Copies are also not acceptable.
3. Applications with incomplete documents will not be processed.
4. TJU has the right to request the applicants to provide the original or notarized hard copies of application documents for further qualification checks if the uploaded documents are not sufficient. Applicants shall guarantee all the information and application documents submitted in this application are authentic and accurate, otherwise they will be disqualified from admission.
VII. Admission Procedures
From now until Jan 31, 2023
2. TJU Review and interview: Feb 1 to Mar 31, 2023;
Date and form of interview will be notified through the email of TJU online system. Please check your email day by day. Applicants who fail to attend the interview are deemed to be giving up the application.
3. China Scholarship Council Review: Tianjin University will deliver materials of applicants who pass the TJU review to CSC and wait for the final admission results, normally from June 1 to June 30 (the exact date is decided by CSC each year);
4. Result Release: Tianjin University will announce the admission result officially on website, and post Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) to scholarship winners from July 1 to July 31;
5. Registration: from the end of August to the early September, 2023.
Program Coordinator：Ms. Feng, Mr. Zhai
International Admissions Office, School of International Education, Tianjin University
Address: 92 Weijin Road, Nankai District, Tianjin, China
For more information, please click: https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/InkehEsnVvDkvWAjK9E14Q