The Konrad Adenauer School for Young Politicians (KASYP) is a capacity-development programme implemented by the Regional Programme Political Dialogue Asia of the Konrad Adenauer Stiftung (KASPDA) since March 2010. Throughout its ten years of existence, KASYP’s overarching objective has been to contribute to KASPDA’s goal of fostering representative and accountable democratic parties in the region through strengthening young members’ capacities.
KASYP is a modular training programme which consists off our modules phase dover the course of two years, in which participants can acquire theoretical and conceptual knowledge as well as practical skills.
- Must be a citizen of an Asian country
- Living and working in your home country at the time of the application
- Between the ages of 24-35 at the time of application
- Fluent in oral and written English
- At least two years of substantial experience particularly in work relevant to a political and / or party organizations
- Demonstrated commitment to public service
- Leadership potential in politics, government, and/ or civil society
- Committed to becoming an active member in the KASYP community
- To fill out all the necessary forms and documents and to follow the conditions deemed as a participant of the programme
- To submit all the requirements and comply with all the expected outputs before, during and after the programme
- To fully participate in all the activities and events deemed necessary for the success of the programme
- To contribute to the development of their communities with the acquired knowledge, skills and experiences upon return to their respective country.
All applicants must complete the application form and pass the selection procedures. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to undergo further screening and interview. A maximum of 20 participants will be selected to take part in the programme.
- Application opens: 13 July 2020
- Application closes: 13 September 2020
- Shortlisted candidates are contacted for interview : October 2020
- Semi-finalists’ interviews : October–November 2020
- Finalists are notified of acceptance: November 2020
- Programme Dates: February 2021– September 2022
- Application Form should be honestly and completely filled out and signed
- Picture (passport size with white background)–should be taken from July 2020 – September 2020, submit raw file or e-copy not scanned copy
- Official Nomination Letter–Issued and written by a higher official in the applicant’s political party/ organization using official letterhead and signed
- Evidence of Party Membership–This should bean official letter stating the type of membership and years of membership issued by the party administration using official letterhead and signed.
- Please note: All documents must be written in English or accompanied by an English translation.
For more information, please visit Official Website.