Admission Announcement on Master Program in Tropical Aquaculture 2021
The Master Program in Tropical Aquaculture was constructed based on collaboration between Vietnamese institutions including Can Tho University, Nha Trang University, Hue University, Vietnam National Academy of Agriculture, Institute for Aquaculture Research No. 2 and University of Ghent, Belgium under the framework of VLIRNetwork project.
The curriculum of this program was developed based on benchmarking with other university curriculum, especially of University of Ghent (Belgium) and University of Stirling (UK) and modified to be appropriate with tropical region conditions.
Admission capacity: 20-30 students per intake
• Graduated from aquaculture and related fields (Aquatic pathology, Aquatic resources management, Agronomy, Animal husbandry…) or fields that taken the combination of basic subjects of (i) mathematics, biology, physics; (ii) mathematics, biology, chemistry, and attained grade of at least distinction at the undergraduate level (GPA>2.5/4.0).
• English proficiency requirement:
o At application: IELTS score of at least 5.5 or equivalent
o At enrollment: IELTS score of at least 6.0 or equivalent
(not required if being graduated from BSc degree instructed fully in English)
• Open admission: For foreign candidates (application screening)
• Entrance exam: For Vietnamese students as regulated
• Deadline for application submission: July 15th 2021
FEE AND SCHOLARSHIP
Scholarships: Entire scholarship including travel costs, tuition fee, allowance, medical insurance… Number of scholarships: 10 each year based on admission results.
o For Vietnamese students: 26 million VND/year
o For foreign students: 1800 USD/year
Prof. Dr. Vu Ngoc Ut – Vice Dean – College of Aquaculture and Fisheries –
Can Tho University; Cellphone: 0913618858; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org