National Sun Yat-sen University was located in northern Taiwan, and there was not a single national university in the Kaohsiung-Pingtung area of southern Taiwan. To balance the development of education between the north and the south, the government decided to establish a comprehensive university in the south and named it “National Sun Yat-sen University” in honor of Dr. Sun Yat-sen, the founder of the Republic of China. NSYSU comprises seven colleges: Liberal Arts, Science, Engineering, Management, Marine Sciences, Social Sciences, and Si-Wan.
- Applicants may apply for the “NSYSU Scholarship” when applying for admission. For more details, please visit the website https://oia.nsysu.edu.tw/p/412
Part-Time Job Opportunities
- Degree students with student ARCs and student ID cards are eligible to apply for a work permit for both on- and off-campus jobs. International students may work up to 20 hours per week, except for summer and winter vacations. Foreigners working in Taiwan are required to file income taxes in May each year. Details concerning foreigners working in Taiwan are specified in the “Regulations on the Permission and Administration of the Employment of Foreign Workers” at https://ezworktaiwan.wda.gov.tw/en/cp.asp
List of Programs
1. College of Liberal Arts
2. College of Science
3. College of Engineering
4. College of Management
5. College of Marine Sciences
6. College of Social Sciences
How to Apply
(1) Application form can ONLY be completed online. Please visit https://admission.nsysu.edu.
(2) Please complete the application procedure online, upload all required documents and press “Submit.” Only applications completed and received before the application due date can be accepted.
(3) Each applicant may apply for two undergraduate/graduate programs at most and one group within each undergraduate/graduate program at most; when applying for two undergraduate/graduate programs, please submit required documents individually for each program. Applicants accepted for both programs can only choose to enroll in one program.
(4) No documents submitted with the application will be returned regardless of the applicant’s admission status. Please keep personal copies for future reference.
Before making your application, please refer to the Admission Application Handbook for more information.
- Application submission period: August 1st ~ September 30th 2021.
- Admission announcement: Before December 10th 2021.
- Semester begins in mid-February 2022 for all admitted applicants
Application, scholarship and visa questions:
Office of International Affairs Tel: +886-7-5252000 ext.2242 or email@example.com
National Sun Yat-sen University
Office of International Affairs
Room #2004, Administration BuildingNo. 70, Lien-hai Rd., Kaohsiung 80424, Taiwan, R.O.C.