The National Taiwan University of Science and Technology was founded on August 1, 1974, as the National Taiwan Institute of Technology (NTIT). It was the first higher education institution of its kind within our nation’s technical and vocational education system.
On August 1, 1997, NTIT was upgraded to university status and changed its name to the “National Taiwan University of Science and Technology,” also known as “Taiwan Tech.” At that time, the school reorganized itself into five colleges. After thirty years of growth and evolution, currently, Taiwan Tech is comprised of six colleges, including engineering, electrical and computer engineering, management, design, liberal arts & social sciences, and applied science.
Who Can Apply – International Degree Students
- International Degree Students are students who possess a non-ROC nationality and are pursuing a Master’s or Doctoral degree at Taiwan Tech in accordance with the “MOE Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan”
- Applicants who wish to apply to Taiwan Tech should do so in accordance with the aforementioned MOE regulations.
- Violation of these regulations will result in the immediate cancellation of the applicant’s admission, the deprivation of the applicant’s recognized status as a Taiwan Tech registered student, or the revocation of the applicant’s Taiwan Tech diploma. In addition, no academic certificate will be conferred.
- Graduate students from abroad apply for admission to English-taught programs for master’s and doctoral degrees as full-time students may apply for one year’s scholarship; continuation of the scholarship depends on the student’s academic and research performance.
- The type of NTUST scholarship will be determined by the department based on the applicant’s qualifications. For scholarship recipients, tuition and fees are waived for each year of the scholarship. Applicants could apply for this scholarship through the admission application system. For further information, please refer to the following website: https://oia-r.ntust.edu.tw/p/
Application period: September 1 – October 29, 2021