Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU), as one of the higher education institutions which enjoy a long history and a world-renowned reputation in China, is a key university directly under the administration of the Ministry of Education (MOE) of the People’s Republic of China and co-constructed by MOE and Shanghai Municipal Government. Through some 120 years’ unremitting efforts, SJTU has become a comprehensive, research-oriented, and internationalized top university in China.
Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU) is a world renowned higher education institution and one of the top universities in China. It has established itself as a comprehensive, research- oriented, and internationalized university and ranks 47th worldwide (QS 2021).
The following are general requirements for application to SJTU International Graduate Programs.
- Good health both physically and mentally.
- Outstanding academic performance and potential.
- Bachelor’sdegree for master program applicants.Master’s degree for doctoral program applicants.
- Proficiency in Chinese and/or English.For details please refer to Language Requirement for SJTU International Graduate Programs.
How to apply
Step 1: Complete the Online Application
- Complete and submit an online application at Study@SJTU (http://isc.sjtu.edu.cn/) before the application deadline. If you wish to apply for the scholarship at the same time,please complete the application before the scholarship deadline.
Step 2: Pay the Application Fee
- The application fee is RMB 800 (approx.USD120),non-refundable and non-transferable.Payment must be made in RMB or USD.You can choose online payment or bank transfer in the online application system.
Materials to Prepare
- Degree certificates, in scanned files. Applicants who have not graduate degree by the time of application are required to provide an official letter from their current university stating the expected graduation date.
- Transcripts ,in scanned files. Master’s program applicants are required to submit undergraduate transcripts. Doctoral program applicants are required to submit both undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
- Proof of Language proficiency.
- Scanned copy of passport.
- Passport-size photo.
- Personal statement and study plan.
- Two letters of academic recommendation from scholars who are associate professors or above,or senior professionals in a related academic field .Please follow the instructions on the online system for submission of online recommendation letters or upload ther ecommendation letters with original signatures.
- If you are applyingf or programs of the School of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, you are required to contact the supervisor beforehand and provide an acceptance letter by the supervisor.
Note: If your documents are not in English or Chinese, please have them translated into either English or Chinese by anauthorized translation agency. Then upload both the translated and original documents onto the applicationsystem.
Basically, for incoming international graduate students, there are two channels for scholarship application: through Shanghai Jiao Tong University or through Chinese Embassies/Consulates in the home country. Applicants may choose only one application channel. Replicated applications through more than one channels is not allowed.
How to Apply
- Apply for scholarships through SJTU
Starting from 2021,scholarships for doctoral programs will consist of: SJTU Fellowship, CSC/SGS Scholarship, SJTU Scholarship. And scholarships for Master programs will consist of:CSC/SGS Scholarship, SJTU Scholarship, School/College Scholarship. Details of each scholarship will be on the application system.
- When applying at http://apply.sjtu.edu.cn/ applicants should choose“apply for scholarship through SJTU” and follow the steps online. Applicants should complete the scholarship application procedures in time according to the requirements of the university.The earlier an applicant completes the application,the sooner he/she receives an offer of admission and scholarships if the review result from the university is positive.Applicants can check the scholarships result through the applicationsy stem.
- Apply for scholarships through Chinese Embassies/Consulates in the home country
|Oct 1, 2020
|2021 application opens
|Dec 15, 2020
|Deadline for 1st Round scholarship application
|Mar 31, 2021
|Deadline for 2nd Round scholarship application
|May 31, 2021
|Deadline for self-supported application
|Sep 4, 2021
For more information, please visit Official Website.