TAIST (Thailand Advanced Institute of Science and Technology) is based on the idea of collaboration among NSTDA and partner universities in Thailand and a foreign institution to develop the Thai human resources. TAIST will serve as a virtual institution and focal point. NSTDA will provide researchers to act as adjunct professors, research projects and scholarships for graduate students. A foreign institution or university will provide a world class background, expertise and experience, academic instruction and research advice. Thai universities will provide an academic frame work, academic staff to oversee and guide students and degrees for the successful candidates. The viability of the idea is nicely demonstrated by the creation of the first TAIST, namely TAIST-Tokyo Tech, with the cooperation of Tokyo Institute of Technology (Tokyo Tech), King Mongkut’s Institute of Technology Ladkrabang (KMITL), Sirindhorn International Institute of Technology (SIIT), King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi (KMUTT) and Kasetsart University (KU). It is expected that several similar collaborations will be established in the future.
- Automotive and Advanced Transportation Engineering (A2TE)
- Artificial Intelligence and Internet of Things (AIoT)
- Sustainable Energy and Resources Engineering (SERE)
Scholarship Supports and Research Opportunities
I. TAIST-Tokyo Tech Scholarship (Tuition fee)
- Receive a Master of Engineering degree from a host university ( KMITL, KMUTT, KU or SIIT ) and a certificate from Tokyo Tech, NSTDA , and a host university
- Receive a certificate in Rail transportation Certificate Curriculum from Tokyo Tech, NSTDA , and Mahidol university (optional)
- Conference participation supports from host university
- Extra curricula activity supports, e.g. Exchange/internship programs with partner university/institute/industry domestically or abroad.
- Opportunity to conduct advanced research work under supervisions of Professors from host university and Tokyo Tech , and NSTDA researchers (Available research fields)
- Study in international environment (English as a medium of instruction, with international instructors and students)
II. TAIST-Tokyo Tech Living allowance scholarship
- Living allowance support from the TAIST-Tokyo Tech program of 8,000 Baht/month for up to 2 years.
- Students are able to conduct their thesis with NSTDA’s researchers (NSTDA topics) or with University’s professors (University topics)
- Students have to submit research progress every 6 months
- Students are not allowed to receive living allowance from other scholarships.
- Research topics will be matched by 1st semester
Remarks: The living allowance paid to international (ASEAN) scholarship recipients starts from your arriving date to Thailand in case you couldn’t be in Thailand at the beginning of the first semester (August).
- Scholarship recipients must be nationals of ASEAN.
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree of either Engineering or Science in an appropriate discipline (Automotive, Mechanical, Electrical, Metallurgical, Control, Electronic, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Materials, Geology, Environmental, Industrial, Agro-Industrial, Forestry, Production Forestry, Computer etc.) or to be awarded the Bachelor’s degree before starting the Master’s degree program.
- Applicants must have a cumulative of GPA at least 2.75/4.00 or equivalent (as of the application submission date), or have at least 2-year working experience, or sufficient relevant research experience, or receive outstanding awards in Bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants must submit one of these following English proficiency score (TOEFL, CU-TEP, TU-GET, IELTS, TOEIC, KU EPT). see criterion
**Those who don’t have English proficiency score have to take online English test organized by TAIST-Tokyo Tech Program**
- Round 1: Now- April 3, 2022
- Round 2: May 2022 (tentative)
|Programs||Application Period||Interview date||Time||Interview Results|
|A2TE||April 18-22, 2022||9.30 onwards|
|AIoT||Now- April 3,2022||April 18-22, 2022||9.30 onwards||April 30, 2020|
|SERE||April 18-22, 2022||9.30 onwards|
**Applicants who don’t submit English score required by TAIST-Tokyo Tech have to take online English Test on April 7, 2022. The list of eligible candidates for interview and English examination will be announced by April 5, 2022.*
Online Application and Screening Procedure
Applicants must complete one set of TAIST-Tokyo Tech application form with the following documents:
- Two 1×1-inch photographs taken within the past six months.
- Official Bachelor’s transcript with grade point.
- Statement of purpose (Summary of senior projects, Statement for study motivation, or Statement of research interest)
- Letter of recommendation from applicant’s Advisor. (a recommendation form can be downloaded from Online Application system or Download here)
- Letter of recommendation from applicant’s Lecturer or Head of department or Company supervisor, if available. (a recommendation form is the same as above)
- Certificate of English proficiency (TOEFL, CU-TEP, TU-GET, IELTS, TOEIC, KU EPT) taken within two years before the application deadline, if available. See more detail.
TAIST-Tokyo Tech Office: TAIST-Tokyo Tech Graduate Student Coordinator
Address : P-205 , 111 Thailand Science Park,
Phahonyothin Rd., Klong 1, Klong Luang, Pathumthani 12120E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel. 02-564-7000 Ext. 1610, 1257 or 02-564-8016 to 18