Türkiye Scholarships is a government-funded, competitive scholarship program, awarded to outstanding students and researchers to pursue full-time or short-term program at the top universities in Turkey.
Türkiye Scholarships aims to build a network of future leaders committed to strengthening cooperation among countries and mutual understanding among societies.
Application Dates: 10 January – 20 February 2022 for international students from all countries.
Scope of the Scholarship
- University and Department Placement
- Monthly Stipend Undergraduate: 1000 TL, Master’s: 1400 TL, PhD: 1800 TL
- Tuition Fee
- Turkish Language Course (1 Year)
- Health Insurance
- Once-off Flight Ticket (At the beginning of education and when graduating)
Criteria & Scholarship Programs
1. Application Criteria
- Minimum Academic Achievement
Ø For undergraduate candidates: 70%
Ø For graduate candidates: 75%
Ø For candidates of Health Sciences (Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy): 90%
2. Age Criteria
Ø For undergraduate programs: being under the age of 21
Ø For master’s programs: being under the age of 30
Ø For PhD programs: being under the age of 35
Ø For Research Scholarship: being under the age of 45
- Citizens of all countries
- Graduates or those who will graduate at the end of the current academic year (before August 2022)
- Researchers and academics
Programs and Levels of Study
- Programs open for application are: Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programs
- Applications will be open to applicants who wish to study at bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels.
How to apply
- 5 Steps to Applying
- For applications made online through the Türkiye Scholarships Application System (TBBS), all candidates must upload the following documents to the system:
Ø A valid identity document, ID card or passport
Ø A photograph of the candidate taken within the last 1 year
Ø National exam results (if any)
Ø Diploma or temporary graduation certificate
Ø International exam results (GRE, GMAT, SAT, etc.) if required by the chosen university or program
Ø International language test results such as TOEFL, DELF if required by the chosen university or program
Ø A proposal for a research topic and a written example of the research you have carried out (only for PhD applications)
- Many programs in Turkish universities are taught in Turkish language. However, some departments and universities may offer programs in English and other languages. Candidates who wish to study in such programs must be able to provide an internationally accepted language proficiency certificate. (TOEFL or other equivalent certifications if university officially stated acceptable). Most of these programs require international admission test results (GRE, GMAT, SAT, etc.). Candidates can check the language of instruction while choosing programs in the application system.
- Undergraduate candidates who possess International qualifications such as SAT or GCSE instead of national exam scores, will need to provide the minimum required qualifications needed for completing secondary school according to these international exams.
- All Türkiye Scholarships awardees who do not possess C1 Level Certificate for Turkish Proficiency (including those who are placed into English or other language medium programs) must attend 1-year Turkish Language Course and attain the C1 Level Certificate by the end of their academic year.
For more information please visit the official website.