Founded in 1929, Chongqing University (CQU) is a national key comprehensive university under the direct leadership of Chinese Ministry of Education (MoE).
Located in Chongqing Municipality, an economic and industrial center in southwestern China and on the upper reach of Yangtze River, CQU has 4 campuses, covering a total area of 350 hectares, making a wonderful place for learning and research with beautiful environment and well-equipped facilities. Currently CQU consists of six faculties in science, social sciences, humanities, engineering, built environment, information technology, offering 96 undergraduate programs, 115 master’s programs, 42 doctoral programs, 19 professional degree programs. Apart from regular degree programs, CQU also offers 17 master and doctoral programs fully delivered in English, including 4 national English-taught brand courses approved by MoE. At present, the university hosts 47,000 students, including 25,000 undergraduates, 19,000 graduates, and over 1,800 international students. The university has a total of 5,300 faculty and staff members, among whom over 2000 are professors or associate professors.
Criteria and Eligibility
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and meet the admission requirements of Chongqing University.
- Applicants must be healthy both physically and mentally, excellent in academic standing and with good conduct. Applicants should abide by the laws and decrees of China and comply with the rules and regulations of Chongqing University.
- Applicants may not be recipients of any other scholarships at the same time.
- Applicants should fill out the application form correctly, honestly, completely, and submit application materials as required.
- Educational background and age limit:
- Applicants for a bachelor’s degree program must have a high school diploma or above, meeting the academic requirements of the applied major, and be under the age of 40.
- Applicants for a master’s degree program must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 45.
- Applicants for a doctoral degree program must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 50.
- Full Scholarship:
- exemption from tuition fee
- free on-campus accommodation(double room) or off-campus accommodation subsidy（700 RMB per month）
- living stipend:
- 2,200RMB per month for doctoral degree student
- 1,800RMB per month for master’s degree student
- 1,500RMB per month for bachelor’s degree student
- free comprehensive medical insurance for international students
- Partial Scholarship:
- exemption from tuition fee
- free comprehensive medical insurance for international students.
- Supporting Categories and Durations
- Bachelor’s Degree Students: 4-5 academic years
- Master’s Degree Students: 2-3 academic years
- Doctoral Degree Students: 4 academic years
Application Procedure and Documents
Step 1: CQU online application
Create an account at the online application portal of Chongqing University at member login , choose ‘Chinese School Scholarship’, fill in the application form, upload the following application documents(the file size of each document is no bigger than 1M) and submit your application.
List of application documentsto be uploaded:
- Personal information page of passport.
- Highest diploma.
- Academic transcript.
- A personal statement.
- Two academic recommendation letters.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Language proficiency certificate.
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
- Proof of non-criminal record.
- Chongqing University Provisional Acceptance for International Student (if available). The form could be downloaded via Provisional Acceptance for International Students .
- Applicants for music studies are requested to submit CD of their own musical works. Applicants for the fine arts programs must submit a CD of their own works which include two sketches, two color paintings and two other works.
- Other supporting documents such as publications, awards, certificates of employment/internship, and etc. (if available).
Note: Applicants are not required to send us hard copies of application documents. But scholarship winners must bring the original copies of the application documents for registration. Applicants who provided the pre-graduation certificate when applying must bring the official diploma for registration. (Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English)
Step 2: Payment of application fee
Pay the application fee (400 RMB, non-refundable) after submitting the application. Application without payment will be regarded as uncompleted. Applicants can pay through:
① Online payment system: Only applicable to applicants who are already in China, paying by WeChat, Alipay or bank card;
② Bank transfer (proof of transfer voucher shall be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org): the bank account information is as follows,
Beneficiary: Chongqing University
A/C No.: 310 002 410 900 894 853 6
Beneficiary Bank: Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, Chongqing Branch
Add.: 2nd/F, 45 Lin Jiang Road, Yuzhong District, Chongqing, China, 400010
Swift Code: ICBKCNBJCQG
TLX: 62250 ICBIS CN / 62106 ICBQA CN
Application Deadline: May 15, 2020
- The duration of the scholarship is the same as that of the program in Admission Notice and cannot be extended.
- Students shall go through and pass the annual review before they continue to enjoy the scholarship for a second year. Failure to pass the annual review will lead to the termination of the scholarship.
- On receipt of the scholarship grant notice, students are required to confirm their acceptance of scholarship with Chongqing University and do the registration on time. Those who provide fake application processes, fail to register on time, fail to pass the entrance health check, drop out midway and/or suspend their study will be deprived of scholarship.
- The living stipend is delivered on a monthly basis. Students who are enrolled before the 15th (or on the 15th) of the month are entitled to full amount while those enrolled after the 15th of that month are only entitled to half of the amount.
- Applicants are advised to check your registered email regularly, as the admission officer will inform all updates, arrange interviews and notify application status and scholarship result via email.
International Students Admissions Office
Address: Room 324, Main Building, Campus A of Chongqing University, No.174 Shazheng Street, Shapingba District, Chongqing, P.R.China, 400044
For more information, please visit Official website.