International education at Beihang University (BUAA) was inaugurated in the early 1990s’ and has continued to develop at a very fast pace. By the end of 2017 over 2000 international students from 118 countries are studying at BEIHANG. Among them over 1200 international students are studying for their doctoral, master, or bachelor degrees. By 2017, more than 1900 international students have successfully graduated with degrees from BEIHANG. Batches of outstanding international alumni are playing a great role at work and contributing to the prosperity and development of the world.
International student programs at BEIHANG mainly include bachelor degree programs, master degree programs, doctoral degree programs, as well as various non-degree programs as such Chinese language training programs, visiting scholar programs and pre-bachelor programs. BEIHANG is one of the few universities in China which uses English as its primary language of instruction for all international master and doctoral programs, as well as some of its bachelor programs.
BEIHANG endeavors to build a world-renowned International education platform. In 2014, the Regional Centre for Space Science and Technology Education in Asia and the Pacific (China) (affiliated to the United Nations) was established at BEIHANG with the support of the Chinese Government.
- Follow the laws and regulations of the People’s Republic of China and Beihang University rules.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport in compliance with the provisions of Nationality Law of the People’s Republic of China, under the age of 35 in general, and have a bachelor degree or have the equivalent educational background of a bachelor degree.
- Applicants should have a good command of English or Chinese and have ability to take courses in English or Chinese.
- According to the relevant regulations, former residents of mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan who have emigrated to other countries and apply as international students, must present valid passport or citizenship documents dating before April 30, 2017 and proof of cancellation of Chinese nationality.
All the application documents are required to be submitted before the deadlines.
|Application Deadline||Registration Date|
Application Procedures and Required Documents
Step 1: Apply Online
- Apply online at http://admission.buaa.edu.cn
Step 2: Prepare Documents
- Application Form for Master Program/ Doctoral Program
- Copy of the page with personal information in the passport (ordinary passport)
- Highest Education Diploma (notarized photocopy or original one) or Certificate of expected graduation date from the University studying currently
- Notarized Transcripts
- Study or Research Plan (no less than 500 words)
- Two Recommendation Letters from Professors or Academic Experts
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form and the Report on Blood Examination
- (I) Requirements of English-Medium Programs:
- English Proficiency for applicants from Non-English Speaking Countries: 80 or above in TOEFL, or 5.5 or above in IELTS, or a certificate from current college indicated language proficiency (ability to take courses in English).
- (II) Requirements of Chinese -Medium Programs:
- If candidates want to take Chinese-Medium Program directly, they are required to provide the HSK (new) certificates (Level 5 or above)
- Certificate from the financial guarantor of the self-supported applicant and bank statement
- Applicants who formerly were residents of mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan and have emigrated to other countries should present:
- Valid passport or citizenship documents dating from before April 30, 2017
- Proof of cancellation of Chinese nationality
*The language of documents should be in English or Chinese or attached with translations in English or Chinese.
Step 3: Submit Documents
- Mail all the required documents to International School of Beihang University.
Applications for International student programs at Beihang University 2021 are now open. Beihang University mainly offers two kinds of scholarships to the international postgraduate students:
- Chinese Government Scholarship
- Beihang University Scholarship
- For details, please visit the following link;
For more information, please visit Official Website.