Tianjin University (TJU) adheres to the mission of training high caliber talents with innovative abilities, and at the same time combines education and research with social service. While emphasizing moral quality as the prioritized element in education, the university maintains a multidisciplinary system for the well-rounded development of students. The University offers 64 undergraduate programs, including but not limited to Science, Engineering, Business, Humanities, Law and Medicine.
In recent years, TJU graduates’ employment rate upon graduation has always been leading in the nation (over 98% in 2015). TJU graduates are thought highly by both employers and foreign professors for their innovative spirit and professional quality when they take up a profession or pursue a higher degree abroad. Besides, TJU undergraduates have outstanding performances in numerous competitions and contests at home and abroad and have won 168 national awards and 59 international awards. In 2009, the Bachelor of Engineering degree program in Chemical Engineering was accredited by IchemE (Institution of Chemical Engineers), as the first IchemE-accredited university in China.
Currently, TJU has started a comprehensive engineering education reform, the aim of which is to educate graduates with global competitiveness, creativity and leadership. Under this initiative, the engineering innovative talents training system undergirding by three systems (Quality System, Ability System and Knowledge System) and one supporting platform (Engineering Innovative Environment) are being developed. The quality of graduates has achieved continuous improvement.
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport. For applicants who used to be Chinese citizens but later immigrated to other countries, the conditions set by the Document No. 12 (2020) of Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China should be met.
2. Requirements for applicants’ degree and age:
- Applicant applying for a Master degree should hold a Bachelor diploma and be under the age of 35;
- Applicant applying for a PhD degree should hold a Master diploma and be under the age of 40.
- Applicants shall be of good moral character, physically and mentally healthy, and willing to comply with Chinese laws and the regulations of Tianjin University.
3. Language Proficiency requirements:
- Chinese-taught programs applicants need to submit HSK certificates. A minimum requirement of HSK4 (Score 195 or above) for Engineering/Science; HSK5 (Score 180 or above) for business and liberal arts is needed. (Native Chinese speakers or applicants taught in Chinese during master study may be exempted from the HSK test after certified by Tianjin University)
- English-taught programs applicants need to submit English proficiency certificate (Native English speakers are exempted). TOEFL: no less than 80, IELTS: no less than 6.0. （Native English speakers are exempted. Applicants who obtained their highest diploma taught in English may provide a certificate of English instruction instead of IELTS or TOEFL certificate）
When and Where to Apply
- Applicants should complete an Online Application on the website
https://tju.at0086.cn/StuApplication/Login.aspx according to the application schedule.
- Applicants should fill in the application information online, upload the application documents listed below to the Online Application System.
- Application System. Students who are admitted and nominated for the Chinese Government Scholarship- Chinese University Program need to log into the system of China Scholarship Council at http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua/ within the specified time to submit the scholarship application (The Agency Number for Tianjin University is 10056; Choose Program Category Type B).
- Nov. 15, 2020-Mar.15, 2021
|Program||Specialty Duration||Chinese Learning Duration||Scholarship Duration|
|Master (taught in Chinese)||2.5 – 3 years||1 year||2.5 – 4 years|
|Master (taught in English)||2 -3 years||2 – 3 years|
|Ph.D.||3 – 4 years||1 year||3 – 5 years|
- Tuition waiver and accommodation on campus;
- Monthly Living Allowance:
- 3,000 RMB/month for Master students;
- 3,500 RMB/month for PhD students;
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance.
- For programs covered by this scholarship (For reference only, final approved programs will be decided by CSC)
Please upload all the listed documents below to the application system:
- Scan Copy of highest diploma. Scan of pre-graduation certificate is required if the applicants have not gained degree certificate before the application deadline, please resubmit the notarized copy of highest diploma before registration.
- Scan of notarized copy of the academic transcripts (Applicants who will not graduate before the application deadline may provide their current academic transcript and submitted the full transcript before registration).
- Photocopy of passport. (Ordinary passport with valid period)
- Chinese or English Proficiency Certificate (for more requirements, please refer to Qualifications)
- Study or research plan: no less than 800 words in English or Chinese.
- Two recommendation letters in English or Chinese from two professors or associate professors
- Form of Provisional Acceptance of International Student by TJU Professor. Remember to upload it to the application system, if you get the Acceptance letter. Please download to get contacts of professors.
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (The medical examinations must cover all the items listed and should be conducted after November, 2020).
- Applicants who are now in China must submit scan of Photocopy of Visa and Transfer Certificate from present university.
- Scan of Non-Criminal Records or Student Performance Letter.
- Other attachments: (Scholarship applicants should submit CSC application form with signature, published papers etc.)
- Application: Nov. 15, 2020-Mar.15, 2021
- TJU Review and interview: March 16 to June 1, 2021; (Date and form of interview will be notified through the email of TJU online system. Please check your email day by day. Applicants who fail to attend the interview are deemed to be giving up the application.)
- China Scholarship Council Review: Tianjin University will deliver materials of applicants who pass the TJU review to CSC and wait for the final admission results, normally from June 1 to June 30 (the exact date is decided by CSC each year);
- Result Release: Tianjin University will announce the admission result officially on website, and post Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) to scholarship winners from July 1 to July 31;
- Registration: from the end of August to the early September, 2021.
For more information, please visit Official Website.