Tianjin University (TJU) adheres to the mission of training high caliber talents with innovative abilities, and at the same time combines education and research with social service. While emphasizing moral quality as the prioritized element in education, the university maintains a multidisciplinary system for the well-rounded development of students. The University offers 64 undergraduate programs, including but not limited to Science, Engineering, Business, Humanities, Law and Medicine.
In recent years, TJU graduates’ employment rate upon graduation has always been leading in the nation (over 98% in 2015). TJU graduates are thought highly by both employers and foreign professors for their innovative spirit and professional quality when they take up a profession or pursue a higher degree abroad. Besides, TJU undergraduates have outstanding performances in numerous competitions and contests at home and abroad and have won 168 national awards and 59 international awards. In 2009, the Bachelor of Engineering degree program in Chemical Engineering was accredited by IchemE (Institution of Chemical Engineers), as the first IchemE-accredited university in China.
Currently, TJU has started a comprehensive engineering education reform, the aim of which is to educate graduates with global competitiveness, creativity and leadership. Under this initiative, the engineering innovative talents training system undergirding by three systems (Quality System, Ability System and Knowledge System) and one supporting platform (Engineering Innovative Environment) are being developed. The quality of graduates has achieved continuous improvement.
Qualification of Applicants
- Applicants shall be non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport, and the conditions set by the Document No. 12 (2020) of Ministry of Education of the PRC should be met.
- Applicant should hold a high school diploma and be under the age of 30. Applicants who are still under the age of 18 as of September 1st, 2021 must submit the original guardian certificate issued by the Tianjin District Notary Office, and the Guardian must be a permanent resident of Tianjin.
- Language Proficiency Requirements:
- Chinese-taught programs applicants need to submit HSK certificates. A minimum requirement of HSK4 (Score 195 or above) for Engineering/Science or HSK5 (Score 180 or above) for business/liberal arts is needed. (HSK results are not compulsory for applicants whose mother tongue is Chinese or have gone through their high school education where the medium of instruction was in Chinese.)
- English-taught programs applicants need to submit English proficiency certificate (English native speakers are exempted). TOEFL: no less than 80, IELTS: no less than 6.0.
- Applicants have good conduct, good physical and mental health, and be willing to abide by the laws and regulations of China and Tianjin university.
Programs and Standard of Scholarship
|4 – 5 years
|4 – 5 years
|Tuition subsidy: 20,000RMB/academic year,
Living allowance: 2,500RMB/month,
Accommodation on campus
Note: Admitted students need to attend annual review and scholarships for disqualified students will be suspended or cancelled for the next year.
How to Apply
- Applicants should complete an Online Application on the website
https://tju.at0086.cn/StuApplication/Login.aspx according to the application schedule.
- Applicants should fill in the application information online and upload the application documents listed below to the Online Application System.
- Applicants are also required to fill in and sign the relevant application form before uploading a scanned copy of the document onto the “Others” section of the online application platform.
- Tianjin University Qiushi Scholarship Application Form
- 1st Round: Dec 30th,2020-Mar 30th, 2021
- 2nd Round: Feb 15th, 2021-Jun 15th, 2021
- The application system will still be available during the winter break. Due to the limited quota of each school, early application is strongly advised.
Please upload all the listed documents below to the application system:
- Scan of original high school diploma or original notarized diploma. (Scan of pre-graduation certificate is required if the applicants have not gained certificate. Please resubmit the original highest diploma or original notarized diploma before registration).
- Scan of notarized copy of the high school academic transcripts or scan of international standardization test results (such as SAT/ACT/A-Level/AP/IB etc.).
- Photocopy of passport within the validity period. (Applicants who have immigrated to other countries or whose parent is a Chinese national should provide proof of time for naturalization, proof of renunciation of Chinese nationality and a visa record of recent four years.)
- Proof of Chinese or English proficiency (For specific requirements, please refer to Qualification of Applicants)
- Personal statement or study plan (600 words at least).
- Photocopy of foreigner physical examination form (The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Please select the appropriate time to have medical examination as the medical results have a 6-month validity).
- Applicants who are now in China must submit scan of Photocopy of Visa and Transfer Certificate from present school.
- Applicants who are not in China at present must submit scan of Certificate of Non-Criminal Records (Fresh high school graduates are required to submit a certificate that shows the applicant’s good record of conduct and performance in school, issued by their respective high schools).
- Other attachments
- Applicants for architectural majors are requested to submit five sketches of the applicants’ own works.
- Self – finance or Tianjin university scholarship applicants shall provide Certificate of Bank saving or Income Certificate of Financial Guarantor.
- Applicants who are still under the age of 18 as of September 1st, 2021 must submit the original guardian certificate.
- Certificate of award etc.
- Applicants are required to submit scanned images of all required documents at the time of application. All uploaded documents should be in Chinese or in English; otherwise notarial translations in Chinese or English are required. Once translated, the original documents and certified translations are to be submitted together to the application system.
- Please scan the original or notarized application documents in color using a scanner. Images captured by mobile phone or camera are not acceptable. Copies are also not acceptable.
- TJU has the right to request the applicants to provide the original or notarized hard copies of application documents for further qualification checks if the uploaded documents are not sufficient. Applicants shall guarantee all the information and application documents submitted in this application are authentic and accurate, otherwise they will be disqualified from admission.
Evaluation and Admission
- TJU enrolls students based on evaluation of applicants’ academic scores, language proficiency and interview performance (Interview date will be announced afterwards).
- Please pay attention to your email box or log in the online application system of Tianjin University to check the application progress and status.
- Except for those pre-admitted CSC type A student, the deposit fee for other nominated students should be paid online and the screenshot sent to TJU online Application System https://tju.at0086.cn/StuApplication/Login.aspx . TJU will issue Admission Notice and Visa documents to those admitted in July after receiving the credentials. Students who give up studying in our school due to personal reasons will not be refunded.
For more information, please visit Official Website.