Chinese Government Scholarship- University Postgraduate Study Program is established by the Ministry of Education of China (hereinafter referred to as MOE) aiming to offer support in building international high level universities, and promote Chinese higher education brand. The enrollment is directly managed by a part of Chinese higher institutions.
Categories of Applicants and Duration of Scholarship
|Categories of Applicants||Duration of Scholarship|
|Master’s Degree Students||2-3 academic years|
|Doctor’s Degree Students||3-4 academic years|
- In principle, the courses will be taught in Chinese. Scholarship students are required to take one-year remedial Chinese language course and pass the examinations prior to the major study if their Chinese language level is not qualified. If students take one-year Chinese language course, the duration of the scholarship will be extended for one year.
- Some courses can be taught in English.
- Duration for scholarship specified at the time of admission can NOT be extended in principle.
- Tuition waiver. Tuition funds will be comprehensively used by the host university. It may cover scholarship students’ education, administration costs and expenditures to support student activities.
- Accommodation: free university dormitory or accommodation subsidy.
- If the host university requires students to live on campus, the university will accommodate the scholarship students in a university dormitory (usually a twin room); if the host university permits students to live off campus, the university will provide monthly/quarterly accommodation subsidy:
- Undergraduate students (preppies), Master’s students (general scholars): CNY 700 per month, Doctoral students (senior scholars): CNY 1000 per month.
- Stipend: Master’s students: CNY 3,000 per month, Doctoral students: CNY 3,500 per month.
- Within the scholarship duration, registered scholarship students will receive a stipend from their host university each month. Students registering on or before the 15th of the month will receive a full stipend of that month. Those who register after the 15thof the month will receive a half stipend of that month. Graduating students will receive stipend until half month after the graduation date. If registered student stays out of China for more than 15 days due to a personal reason (school holidays excluded), his stipend will be stopped during his leaving.
- Comprehensive medical insurance.
- December 1, 2020 – March 31, 2021.
- Master Programs instructed in English
- Passport (The valid period must be more than one year, if you’re currently in china, please provide the copies of the first page and the VISA/resident permit page);
- Certificate of Highest Degree;
- If you are to obtain the higher level of degree before this September, you may provide the official document to prove that;
- Official Transcript of Academic Records;
- HSK 4 and above is needed for most Chinese-taught Programs, HSK5 for medical, MTCSOL and economics. Otherwise, one-year of language learning is required to obtain the certificate;
- If English is not the native language or official language, you are required to provide TOEFL80/IELTS 6.0 for English-taught program;
- Two Recommendation Letters;
- Research Proposal no less than 800 words;
- Physical Examination Record of Foreigners;
- Certificate of No Criminal Conviction;
- Some programs may need other materials. (E.g. Architecture programs asks for the applicant’s portfolio)
- Apply on the SEU online application system http://fs.seu.edu.cn/;
- Apply on the CSC online application system http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/ (The application code of Southeast University / the agency number is 10286, the program type is B);
- Notification of accepted applicants will be announced on our college website by the end of July.
- Please ensure the authenticity of your application materials. If any untruthful content is found in the application materials, you will be disqualified and cannot apply to Southeast University again within 2 years;
- The application documents must be in Chinese or English. Any documents in any other languages must be attached with a notarized English or Chinese translation;
- Please fill in your Chinese name if you have, it can’t be changed after admission;
- Acceptance letter from professor is not the document requested, but it will make your application more competitive. Information of supervisors can be found by https://cis.seu.edu.cn/2019/1226/c14041a304209/page.htm
For more information, please visit Official Website.