Zhejiang University is an institution of higher learning with a long history and an outstanding reputation. It is located in Hangzhou, a famous historical and cultural city and scenic tourist destination in China. The predecessor of Zhejiang University, Qiushi Academy, was founded in 1897 and was one of the earliest new-style colleges and universities founded by the Chinese themselves. In 1928, it was named National Zhejiang University. During the Anti-Japanese War, the Zhejiang University moved westward, running schools in Zunyi, Meitan, Guizhou and other places for seven years, and moved back to Hangzhou in the autumn of 1946.
Scholarship applicants must meet the qualifications for postgraduate admissions of Zhejiang University. Please refer to the admission bulletins for details.
* Applicants with Bachelors’ Degree Diplomas obtained from Top 500 World Universities according to the Shanghai Ranking (https://www.shanghairanking.com.cn) or Zhejiang University’s overseas partner universities are welcome to apply.
The following application materials must be in duplicate and placed on the top of all the documents:
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, filled in Chinese or in English, pasted with a recent photograph (white background, 35mm×45mm in size).
*Applicants shall fill in and submit application form via the CSC Online Application System for Study in China, then print application form and sign. Agency No. of Zhejiang University is 10335. Scholarship for Chinese University Program is Type B in the CSC system.
2. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (Download) (filled in English).
*The original copy should be kept by the applicant. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid.
3. 2021 Version of Form for Provisional Acceptance of International Student by ZJU supervisor. (Download) (this form is compulsory for all the scholarship applicants)
4. Scholarship Applicants are strongly encouraged to provide GRE、NTS-GAT test scores.
All application materials for scholarships should be submitted to the Office of Admissions International College of Zhejiang University, together with the materials for admissions, by post or in person by the deadline (March 10th 2021).
*The envelope of the application package should be marked “Application for Chinese Government Scholarship 2021”.
The incomplete application materials will not be processed. Application materials will NOT be returned regardless of the result of the application.
Note: After receiving the application materials, the university will check applicant’s information and process the application via CSC Online Application System for Study in China. If applicants re-fill or modify the application information at Online Application System after they submit application materials, they need to resend the Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship to Zhejiang University; otherwise the university may not be able to process the application via CSC Online Application System for Study in China.
Duration of the Scholarship
1. Coverage of the scholarship:
– Tuition waiver;
– Free accommodation on campus;
– Stipend: Granted in accordance with the relevant standard;
– Comprehensive Medical Insurance
In case a partial scholarship is offered, the scholarship coverage should be subject to the relevant regulations of CSC.
2. Categories of Applicants and Duration of the Scholarship.
Doctoral Degree Students: 3-4 academic years
Master’s Degree Students: 2-3 academic years
Note: Applicants who apply for courses instructed in Chinese must have a good command of Chinese language. If their Chinese proficiency have not reached the requirement of our institution for professional learning, they are required to take one-year remedial Chinese language courses and pass the relevant test prior to the studies in their specialties. For those who take the one-year remedial Chinese language courses, the duration of the scholarship will be extended correspondingly.
3. The agency number for Zhejiang University is 10335. Scholarship for Chinese University Program is Type B in the CSC system.
How to Apply
Application deadline: March 10th 2021
Applicants shall submit the application materials to the Office of Admissions (postgraduate program) of the International College of Zhejiang University, by post or in person. The application materials submitted by email will not be accepted.
Please make sure all the mailed application documents arrive before the deadline.
*Please note the winter break is from January 29th 2021 to February 26th 2021, Application materials received during the above-mentioned time period will be processed after the beginning of the new semester.
Review of Scholarship Application & Notification of Results
1. Zhejiang University will review all the application materials. Decisions for admission and for granting the scholarships will be made on the basis of the applicants’ competitiveness, academic record and otherwise.
2. The name list of the scholarship awardees for postgraduate programs will be sent to China Scholarship Council for review within the specified time period according to CSC’s provisions.
3. After the name list is reviewed and approved by China Scholarship Council, the scholarship awardees will be notified by the university in the end of July or the beginning of August, 2021. The admission documents will be sent to the scholarship awardees afterwards.
1. Scholarship students’ affairs are managed according to the relevant regulations of Chinese Government Scholarship. Scholarship students must go through the Annual Review of the Chinese Government Scholarship Status. If students fail in Annual Review, their scholarship will be terminated.
2. Scholarship students are not allowed to change their institutions as well as their academic programs or the duration of study specified in the Admission Notice.
3. For scholarship students who have to suspend their studies due to illness must return to their home country for further treatment and recovery, expenses for the international travel to and from the university will be borne by the students themselves, and their scholarship status will be reserved for one year at most, with the monthly living allowance stopped during the suspension. Scholarships of the students who suspend their studies for reasons other than illness will not be reserved.
4. The International College of Zhejiang University is responsible for the interpretation of the scholarship granting procedures and regulations.
5. For other requirements and contents of Chinese Government Scholarship, please visit the web site of China Scholarship Council.
For more information, please visit Official Website.