The Universiti Brunei Darussalam is guided by its four core values; people, expertise, relevance and leadership. These values are used as yardsticks in the development and running of eight academic faculties, eight research institutes and two support centres ranging from Islamic Studies, Business, Arts, Science, Health Sciences, Asian Studies, Policy Studies, Education, Biodiversity and Integrated Technologies.
The UBD Graduate Scholarship (UGS) is awarded to outstanding scholars, students and professionals to undertake graduate study and advanced research in Universiti Brunei Darussalam.
The scholarship provides Bruneian and non-Bruneian candidates the unique opportunity to pursue their academic and research goals and network extensively with international researchers.
- Has at least a first class honours Bachelor degree with a distinction in Master degree or equivalent qualification.
- A second class upper honours Bachelor degree and a Master degree with a good publication record from and after undertaking the Master degree or equivalent qualification.
- A high quality and impactful research proposal.
- Fit to pursue studies in the area of choice.
- Waived tuition fees, including registration and acceptance fees at Universiti Brunei Darussalam.
- A subsistence allowance of BND 500.00 per month for 36 months.
- On-campus accommodation for 36 months.
- For candidates not residing in Brunei Darussalam, one round trip economy class air ticket will be provided from their home country upon accepting the scholarship and to their home country upon completion of their studies.
- Allowances for field research (BND 1000.00 for Arts and Humanities, and BND 2000.00 for Science candidates)
English Language Requirements
- For all programmes, applicants must have at least grade C6 in English Language at GCE ‘O’ Level Examination or a grade ‘B’ in IGCSE English (as a Second Language) or an IELTS score of 6.0 or a TOEFL minimum overall score of 550, or Band B2 in UBD English Proficiency Test (UBD-EPT).
Application Deadline: 28th Feb 2021
- Interested candidates are required to apply online through the new Online Admissions Application System (OASys)
- International Applicants are required to submit / upload a security clearance letter from your country of origin.
- Please fill in all the mandatory fields. You will not be able to save or submit the application if you have missed any of them.
- Please make sure to fill in your email address correctly. After you save (to submit later) or submit this application form, your application code will be sent to the email address you provided.
- Electronic documents required to be uploaded with your application:
- Certified true copy of international passport
- Certified true copies of relevant academic certificates (O Level, A Level, HND, Bachelor Degree etc), including university transcripts (where applicable) and English proficiency qualification (IELTS, TOEFL, BEC etc)
- You are reminded to click ‘SUBMIT’ once you have completed the application.
- You must submit your application by the closing date for applications.
*Failure to submit a fully completed application form by the due date would result in your application not being considered and rendered void (‘saved’ applications will not be processed).*Once you have submitted your online application, you are not required to submit.
- Office of Graduate Studies
- Tel: +673 2460922/ 246 0923 ext 1160/ 1816
- Fax: +673 2460062
- Email: email@example.com
For more information, please visit Official Website.