Jilin University, located in Changchun City, Jilin Province, was founded in 1946. Currently, there are 71,920 full-time students and 6,524 faculty members in total, among which there are 2,062 professors and 1,137 doctoral advisors. There are 10 academicians of the Chinese Academy of Sciences or the Chinese Academy of Engineering, 33 dual-employed academicians, 7 senior professors philosophical and social sciences, 20 in the “Ten- Plan”. In 2017, Jilin University was selected as one of the universities under the Double First Class University Plan and was incorporated into the list of 36 first-class Category A universities . Five disciplines, including archeology, mathematics, physics, chemistry, and materials science and engineering were selected as First Class Disciplines. According to 2018 Evaluation and Study Report of Universities in China released by the Chinese Universities Alumni Association, Jilin University ranks the 10th among the top 100 Chinese universities.
The university is now home to 5 national key laboratories, 1 national engineering laboratory, 6 state-local joint engineering laboratories, 1 national engineering and technology research center, 6 humanities and social science key research bases of the Ministry of Education, 10 key laboratories of the Ministry of Education and 5 engineering research centers of the Ministry of Education.
Type of Program
- Master’s Degree 2-3 years
- Doctoral Degree 3 years
- Cover Application Fee, Tuition Fee
- Provide Living Allowance: Monthly to students.
- Provide Accommodation Fee
- In principle, students must live in dormitories. Accommodation of the international students shall be arranged by the university in the first year. From second year, the accommodation fee will be sent to international students themselves by the university at the following rates: Master’s degree students: 700 RMB/month, Doctoral degree students: 1,000 RMB/month, if there is excess will be borne by the student.
- Provide Comprehensive Medical Insurance: Package 800 for International students provide for Chinese Government Scholarship students. Please visit http://en.lxbx.net/#slide1 and query insurance content and claims procedures.
- International Travel Expenses Shall be paid by the students themselves
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health ;
- Applicants for Master’s degree studies must hold a Bachelor’s degree and be not older than 35;
- Applicants for Doctoral degree studies must hold a Master’s degree and be not older than 40;
- Applicants who want to apply for Chinese-taught program, Chinese proficiency requirements must be above the international Chinese proficiency standard (HSK level 4≥180 points);
- Non-other scholarship recipients.
- Applicants are required to log on APPLICATION ONLINE system of Jilin University to register and fill in the form download and print Application Form for Foreign Students to Jilin University with signature. Jilin University registration website: http://apply.jlu.edu.cn
- Applicants are required to log on APPLICATION ONLINE system of CSC to register and fill in the form download and print Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship with signature(Project type is B; Agency Number is 10183). CSC registration website: https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/login
- All application materials must be submitted in two paper versions and mailed to College of International Education of Jilin University before April 23, 2021.
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship
- Application Form for Foreign Students to Jilin University
- Notarized English translate version photocopy of Highest Diploma (Graduation certificate or Degree certificate)
- If applicants are university students should also provide Pre-graduation certificate by current university and re-submit the graduation certificate or diploma before June 30, 2021.
- Transcripts of all courses at the Undergraduate and Postgraduate level
- Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- A Study or Research Plan
- This study or research plan should be in Chinese or English, not less than 2000 words. The content should include the following aspects: Why choose China or Jilin University to study; The basic knowledge reserve of the applied major; The existing research results in the applied professional field; Academic expertise or advantages of applied major; Research directions that are interested in applied major; Personal future academic or work plans.
- Two letters of recommendation required. The recommendations should be in Chinese or English by experts with a professional title of Full Professor or Associate Professors, must have signature, contact email address and phone number of the issuer.
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form filled in English or Chinese. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants will be considered invalid. The medical examination results will be valid only for 6 months.
- Certification of Non-Criminal Record
- If applicants from individual countries cannot provide it, please contact our university to sign the No Criminal Record Commitment.
- Language Level Certificate
- Applicants who want to apply for English-taught program must provide English level certificate (Internationally accepted). Applicants who want to apply for Chinese-taught program, Chinese proficiency requirements must be above the international Chinese proficiency standard (HSK level 4≥180 points), and provide the copy of HSK certificate. The certificate will be valid only for 2 years.
- Please fill in item by item according to the template, without missing items or concealment. Resume template download address: http://cie.jlu.edu.cn/cyxz/zgzfjxjszq.htm
- Research Results
- Abstract of graduation thesis from the previous study stage and introduction of the instructor; copy of the cover, catalog and thesis page of published thesis; certificate of invention, patent and other supporting materials.
- Copy of Passport Information Page
- Be sure to choose the majors covered by the scholarship program to apply. If filled inaccurate major information, it will be deemed to be abandoned;
- Please download Application Materials List of Postgraduate Scholarship, download address: http://cie.jlu.edu.cn/cyxz/zgzfjxjszq.htm . Unclear or incomplete application materials will not be accepted;
- Once the application materials are submitted, will not be returned.
For more information, please visit Official Website.