It is an important way to improve the comprehensive level of running a school and the quality of students. It is also an effective way to make full use of educational resources. The College of International Education of ZJSU is the booster and executor of the school’s international education, and plays an important role in it. The college sets four administrative departments: General Office, Admission Office,International Student Management Office and Training Office. Besides, it also sets four teaching departments, including Xiasha language students teaching department, foreign language teaching department, business Chinese and preparatory teaching four teaching departments. The college has 37 faculty members, including 19 full-time teachers of Chinese as a foreign language , all of whom hold master’s degrees, among whom 7 hold doctoral degrees in linguistics.
In recent years, under the guidance of the spirit of, according to the requirements of Zhejiang province and the school planning, the college actively explores the market externally and deeply explores the educational resources internally. At present, more than 40 foreign language teaching majors have been provided to international students, including 15 undergraduate courses, 25 master’s courses and 11 doctoral courses. International students are distributed in 18 discipline colleges. The college also regularly hosts short-term training classes on “Chinese economy”, “Chinese culture”,“Chinese Business” and “Chinese language and Culture” for students from different countries. In recent years, more than 100 countries and regions have sent short-term and long-term international students to study in the university. The total number of international students in the university exceeds 1,000, and the proportion of international students with academic qualifications has greatly increased.
In the teaching and administration of international students, the school adopts the management concept of “convergence” to unify the teaching and research requirements and daily management standards of Chinese students and international students. The school organizes various kinds of colorful teaching practices and extracurricular activities for international students every year: setting up the international student association AIS to promote the standardized management and self-management of international students; encouraging international students to participate in artistic performances such as singing, dancing, calligraphy and painting, Chinese speech and sports competitions such as football, basketball and track and field.
The “Autonomous Enrollment Program for Chinese Universities” is a full scholarship provided to the provincial education administrative departments of some provinces and autonomous regions in China and some Chinese universities for the direct selection and recruitment of outstanding young foreign students to study in China. Zhejiang Gongshang University has independent enrollment qualifications. Including support for local scholarship programs, “university graduate students” scholarship programs, “Silk Road” scholarship programs and “China-Africa Friendship” scholarship programs.
Enrollment category, major, language and target
|Scholarship name||Support local scholarships||“University Postgraduate” Scholarship||“China-Africa Friendship” Scholarship||“Silk Road” Scholarship|
|Enrollment category||Full-time graduate students (master and doctoral students)||Full-time graduate students (master and doctoral students)||Full-time graduate students (master and doctoral students)||Full-time undergraduate|
|Admissions Major||All admissions majors||Statistics majors (specific majors to be determined)||Statistics majors (specific majors to be determined)||Specific specialty to be determined|
|Language of instruction||Chinese or English||Chinese or English||Chinese or English||Chinese only|
|Target of enrollment||Only for students who are not studying in China (graduates studying in China must graduate more than one year)||Only for students who are not studying in China (graduates studying in China must graduate more than one year)||Only for international students from African countries||Only for international students from countries along the “Belt and Road”|
|Enrollment in 2021||Yes||To be determined||To be determined||To be determined|
Full scholarship: includes tuition, accommodation, living expenses and comprehensive medical insurance.
For more information, please check the CSC website: http://www.campuschina.org/
- Non-Chinese citizens, in good health.
- Educational background and age requirements (as of September 1, 2021):
- Those who come to China to study for a bachelor degree must have a high school diploma and be under the age of 25.
- Those who come to China to study for a master’s degree must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- Those who come to China to study for a doctoral degree must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- Applications are not accepted to study the native language or third-country language majors such as English and French.
- Excellent academic performance.
- Have not obtained other scholarships at the same time.
- Language requirement:
- Applicants for Chinese-taught majors must have a minimum of 210 points in HSK 4 or HSK 5 or higher; English-taught majors do not require applicants’ Chinese proficiency. Applicants from non-English speaking countries must have a TOEFL score of at least 90 or IELTS A score of no less than 6.5 or other relevant proof of English proficiency.
- Application steps ( must complete the following 2 application steps at the same time )
- Online registration of the China Scholarship Council: please log on to the website of China Scholarship Council
(Website: http://www.campuschina.org , click on the “Chinese Government Scholarship Management Information System for Studying in China” icon to enter) Fill in the electronic application form, download and print the generated “Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form” and attach it to me signature. ( Choose the application category B, the institution code of Zhejiang Gongshang University is 10353 )
- Zhejiang Gongshang University online registration: please log in the Zhejiang Gongshang University International Student Online Application System
( Hzic.at0086.cn/student , please use Google or 360 browser), choose Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese Government Scholarship University Autonomous Enrollment Program-Support local scholarship program/University Graduate Scholarship Program/Silk Road Scholarship Program , complete the course application , And upload the following application materials (clearly scanned version).
- “Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form”
- Individual valid ordinary passport
- The notarized highest academic certificate and academic transcript, and notarized Chinese or English translations must be provided for documents in languages other than Chinese or English. If the applicant is a student in school, he must also submit a pre-graduation certificate issued by the school he is attending.
- Proof of language (Chinese or English) proficiency or proof of the language of instruction in the final academic stage (Chinese or English)
- Personal statement. Written in Chinese or English, the content includes personal study, work experience, application reason and research plan. (Not available for undergraduate applicants)
- Recommendation letters from two professors or associate professors. Written in Chinese or English, signed by the recommender and attached with a contact number and email. (Not available for undergraduate applicants)
- Resume (no need to provide undergraduate applicants)
- Published academic papers or academic results ( If you have any, please upload relevant materials, our school will give priority to recommend them ) (Undergraduate applicants may not provide it)
- “Foreigner Physical Examination Record” , this form is uniformly printed by the Chinese health and quarantine department, and it needs to be filled out in Chinese or English. Applicants should strictly follow the items required in the “Foreigner Physical Examination Record” for inspection. The “Foreigner Physical Examination Record” that is missing, does not have a photo of the person posted, or does not have a seal on the photo, and does not have the signature and seal of the doctor or the hospital. In view of the fact that the examination result is valid for 6 months, the applicant is requested to determine the time for the physical examination accordingly.
- No criminal record certificate
- Applicants under the age of 18 must submit the “Parent Authorization Letter” and “Guardian Guarantee Letter” . The guardian should be an adult Chinese or foreigner residing in China.
- The 400 yuan application fee payment voucher, the application fee will not be refunded.
Deadline for application: April 15, 2021
- The school will review the applicant’s application materials and select the best candidates.
- The school will report the admission results to the China Scholarship Council for review within the specified time.
- After review and approval by the China Scholarship Council, our school will notify scholarship recipients by email and SMS on our school’s international student online application system in early July 2021, and at the end of July or early August 2021 Issue “Admission Notice” and other relevant admission materials.
- Scholarship recipients must be managed in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Chinese Government Scholarship after coming to China, and participate in the annual scholarship review in accordance with the “Chinese Government Scholarship Annual Review Measures”. Those who fail the annual scholarship review will have their scholarship qualifications suspended or cancelled.
- In principle, the scholarship recipients of this program are not allowed to change their majors and institutions of study after coming to China.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 0086-571-28008677
- Contact: Sherry
- Address: Office 517, International Education College, 18 Xuezheng Street, Xiasha Higher Education Park, Hangzhou City, Zhejiang Province
For more information, please visit Official Website.