Personnel training project for promising tax personnel in the field of tax policy and administration
Since 1996, the Graduate School of Business and Commerce of Keio University has been training promising tax personnel in the field of tax policy and administration with its Master’s Degree Program in Taxation Policy and Management. This program brings together the cooperation of Keio University, the National Tax Agency of Japan (NTA), and the World Bank in an alliance between public and private institutions.
Funded by the GOVERNMENT OF JAPAN and administered by the WORLD BANK
Keio University, a leading private university in Japan, established the program as one of the partnership programs of the Joint Japan /World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP). Funded by the Government of Japan and administered by the World Bank, the JJ/WBGSP is a personnel training project which awards scholarships to help developing countries strengthen their human resources.
Theoretical and practical curriculum by Keio University, the National Tax Agency of Japan (NTA)
The Graduate School of Business and Commerce of Keio University and the National Tax Agency have responded to this mission of the JJ/WBGSP by training five scholars each year in the area of tax policy and management. Participants are expected to return to their home countries to become leaders in improving taxation practices.
Scholarship Coverage: Fully-funded
- Applications are accepted upon completion of Online Registration and Submission of Application Documents.
- Online Registration must be completed by October 24, 2019.
- Application documents must be submitted by mail and must reach the Keio University by October 31, 2019. We do not accept applications via fax or email.
- Send the original copy of the application documents. Copies of the application will not be accepted.
- Please make a copy of all the application documents for your records. The World Bank may ask you to submit the copy in the selection process by the World Bank.
- Late applications and incomplete applications will not be accepted. Keio will not notify applicants of missing documents.
- Application documents may also be downloaded from the homepage of the Master’s Degree Program in Taxation Policy and Management.
- Applicants who have applied for a program offered by Keio and have passed the selection process by Keio will be asked to complete additional online application by the World Bank, which will make the final admission decision.
Please click the official website for more information.