SMU’s holistic undergraduate programme is designed to help students develop into broadly educated individuals, with depth of knowledge in selected domains, and workplace capabilities required to thrive in the 21st century.
Through our undergraduate curriculum and student life experience, SMU is committed to nurturing graduates who distinguish themselves with the SMU Graduate Identities:
- Independence in mind (encompasses problem solving, entrepreneurial thinking and critical thinking) vs Dependability in deeds (includes collaboration and communication);
- Thinking vs Action – able to delve deeply into issues across disciplines, and deliver meaningful impact locally and globally.
The Science & Technology Undergraduate Scholarship is offered to outstanding freshmen from Asian countries (excluding Singapore). This scholarship is open to applicants intending to pursue the Bachelor of Science (Information Systems) programme at SMU.
- Full-time SMU first year undergraduate student pursuing the SMU Bachelor of Science (Information Systems) programme
- Citizens from Asian countries (excluding Singapore citizens)
- Outstanding academic results
- Demonstrates leadership and communications skills
- Good record of co-curricular activity and/or community service involvement
- Good character record
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The scholarship holder is required to serve a 6-year bond with Singapore-registered company immediately upon graduation from SMU
- Scholars may not concurrently hold any other scholarship, fellowship, bursary, grant, award or allowance without prior approval from SMU
- The scholarship will be renewed every semester upon good academic progress and good conduct
- SMU does not guarantee and/or provide scholars with employment upon graduation
- If the scholar decides to withdraw from the University and/or terminate the scholarship prematurely, the University reserves the right to impose repayment of all scholarship monies disbursed to the scholar
If you would like to be considered for this scholarship, please indicate your interest in the Scholarship section of the online application form for admission. There is no separate scholarship application form.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Must have to take admission in Undergraduate Degree Programme at the University. There is no separate application form.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit: Personal statement Include a CV, Personal Identification Documents, Transcript from each University attended.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission at the Singapore Management University applicants must check the entry requirement.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must need to demonstrate their English language ability by taking the TOEFL or IELTS test.
Application Deadline: March 19, 2021
For more information, please visit Official Website.