Jilin University, founded in 1946, is a national key comprehensive university under the direct administration of Ministry of Education in China, and among the first batch of “Project 985” and “Project 211” key construction universities. In 2017, it was rated as one of the first group of A-level “Double First Class” universities. In 2022, six disciplines were listed in the second-round selection of “Double First Class” universities and disciplines.
Jilin University offers a wide range of disciplines, covering 13 academic categories: philosophy, economics, law, education, literature, history, science, engineering, agriculture, medical science, management, art and interdisciplinary study. The university has a complete high-level talent training system with bachelor, master and doctoral programs, and more than 70,000 students on the campus. It has nurtured over 600,000 alumni worldwide and ranks tenth in the number of outstanding alumni in Chinese universities, and its quality of high-level talents is widely recognized by both international and domestic communities. With a focus on the goal of “Double First Class Initiative”, the university has continuously optimized its global cooperation network and established partnerships with 302 universities and research institutions in 40 countries and regions.
The Chinese Government Scholarship “High-level Graduate” Program aims to select international students with excellent academic background, professional ability and development potential. Jilin University will give full play to the advantages and characteristics of its disciplines and strive to cultivate high-level international talents.
I. Enrollment Categories and Majors
Full-time graduate students (master and doctoral students)
Please refer to Attachment 1 for details of the catalog of majors for master and doctoral programs taught in Chinese and English.
The length of basic academic study for master students is 2 or 3 years, and the corresponding maximum study period is 3 or 4 years.
The length of basic academic study for doctoral students is 3 years, and the maximum study period is 6 years.
1. Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health both mentally and physically.
2. In terms of age, education, and language requirements, applicants must：
(1) be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master’s programs;
(2) be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs;
(3) have acquired the Chinese proficiency of HSK Level 4 when applying for Chinese- taught master’s or doctoral programs;
(4) meet the admission requirements of the applied universities in terms of academic ability, language proficiency and other relevant criteria.
Ⅲ. Scholarship Coverage
Tuition fees, on-campus apartment accommodation, living expenses and comprehensive medical insurance are covered during the applicant’s study in China.
IV. Application and Enrollment Review Process
Step 1: Applicants submit their applications online at Jilin University’s International Student Service System
Prior to March 1, 2023, applicants must submit all application documents (see Attachment 2 for details), including but not limited to a copy of passport photo page, notarized highest level diploma, academic transcripts, language qualification certificates, a study proposal, recommendation letters, Foreigner Physical Examination Form, non-criminal record report, research results, etc.
Applicants should register their account at the Jilin University’s International Student Service System (http://apply.jlu.edu.cn), fill in personal information accurately and click “Submit” to finalize the online application.
Online application is adopted in this year’s enrollment. Applicants should ensure that the documents submitted online are consistent with the original documents. Applicants with complete application materials will be given priority in the next stage of review.
Step 2: The College of International Education of Jilin University carries out preliminary review
Prior to March 3, 2023, the College of International Education will review the qualifications of the applicants according to enrollment requirements, focusing on academic background, language proficiency, identity and qualifications, health status, etc., and consult the teaching and training institutes for further review.
Step 3: The teaching and training institutes of Jilin University conduct further review, remote interview or written test
Prior to March 17, 2023, the teaching and training institutes will organize experts to review the applicants’ academic performance, scientific research ability, language proficiency, academic background, comprehensive quality and development potential, and conduct remote interview or written test on the basis of applicants’ merit, and give feedback on the results to the College of International Education.
Step 4: Applicants submit their applications online at the Chinese Government Scholarship Information System
Prior to March 20, 2023, the University will notify the applicants of the pre-admission result and provide pre-admission notification via email or International Student Service System, and applicants should submit their applications in the Chinese Government Scholarship Information System (https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/login).
Step 5: The University recommends candidates to China Scholarship Council
On March 24, 2023, the University submits the recommendation list to China Scholarship Council.
Step 6: China Scholarship Council organizes review by experts
China Scholarship Council will organize experts in relevant disciplines to make final review of the applicants’ academic performance, comprehensive quality and development potential, and selects the best candidates.
The scholarship applicants who are not enrolled will be given priority if they are willing to apply for our self-financed programs.
Step 7: The College notifies students of the enrollment results
The College of International Education of Jilin University notifies students of their enrollment results.
1. Enrolled students must complete the registration procedures in strict accordance with the schedule specified by the University, and scholarship qualifications will not be retained if they do not register on time as required.
2. Those who do not obtain the corresponding graduation or completion certificate on time or fail the physical examination will be disqualified from scholarship.
3. More questions about application please visit https://cie.jlu.edu.cn/info/1060/3133.htm
V. Application Deadline
March 1, 2023
VI. Enrollment Time
1. Students granted with Chinese Government Scholarship are disqualified for receiving other scholarships (excluding all kinds of one-off awards) provided by Chinese governments at all levels and universities at the same time. Upon discovery of malpractice, the eligibility for Chinese Government Scholarship will be canceled, and the Chinese Government Scholarship already received must be returned. For those who deliberately conceal their financial support, in addition to disqualification of the scholarship, they will not be allowed to apply for Chinese Government Scholarship within three years.
2. Applicants who have already applied for other universities in the Chinese Government Scholarship Information System shall not apply for Jilin University at the same time.
3. Once enrolled, scholarship recipients are not allowed to change their major, study period or language of instruction.
4. Students granted with Chinese Government Scholarship must participate in the annual evaluation after they enter the University, and the evaluation result will be used to confirm whether the scholarship will be provided, suspended or canceled in the next academic year.
International Student Enrollment Office, College of International Education, Jilin University
Tel: +86-431-85166885, 85166519
Address: Room 216, Friendship Guesthouse, Jilin University, No.1505 Xiuzheng Road, Changchun City, Jilin Province, China
Zip code: 130012