The International College was founded in the October of 2007 and in the same year, NPU became one host university of Chinese Government Scholarship acknowledged by the China Scholarship Council of the Ministry of Education. Since then, the university has continuously received international students of different majors all over the world.
The scale of the international student enrolment has increased at a fast pace in the ensuing years. Till 2014, 1033 international students have pursued their studies in NPU, among whom 711 were long-term students and 322 short-term students. The International College offers various programs in English and Chinese medium to meet the requirements of different applicants and disciplines.
There are 14 schools of NPU which offer bachelor, master and Ph.D. programs to international students. There are nine bachelor majors taught in English, they are Aeronautical Engineering, Astronautics Engineering, Ocean Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics&Information Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Bachelor of Business Administration, Computer Science&Technology. And 13 schools open more than 30 MS Programs and 15 Ph.D. Programs. We selected experienced professors and supervisor proficient in English to guide and work with international students, among whom 100% have got Dr. Degree and 90% are professors.
NPU also holds several exchange programs with prestigious universities all over the globe. The Sino-U.S Culture and Humanity Program attracts American students to pursue their studies here each year. And we have established relationships with key Korean universities which are sending exchange students continuously. In addition, International Summer Camp, International Winter Camp and the Chinese Culture and Language Training Program are held yearly in NPU.The International College, in its capacity as host institution, gives long-term Chinese language courses to applicants of different competency levels. Meanwhile, we have established the long term and close relationships with the Industry Sectors of Algeria, Egypt, Pakistan, etc.
- Must hold valid foreign (outside P.R China) citizenship.
- Possess good physical and mental health.
- Aged between 18-30 years with cut-off date on 01 September 2021.
- Have either completed or will complete the final year of high school before registration at NPU.
- Possess good academic results.
- Must hold Passport/citizenship certificate from at least 4 years and 2 years *Proof of Residence*at their country in recent 4 years.
- Applicant under 18 years of age need to produce a valid certificate of guardian residing in China.
Cut-off academic requirement for different grading systems is:
*For Nepal_ the cut-off requirement is (3/5)
Specific language proficiency are as follows:
|Medium of Instructions||Sponsor||Requirement|
|Chinese Language||Scholarship||HSK Level-4 (above 200 points) and|
HSKK (above Intermediate)
|English Language||Scholarship||IELTS > 6.0|
TOFEL > 80
SAT > 1150
PTE Academic 55
Duolingo > 95
Cambridge Advanced Level English: B or above
|Self-supported||IELTS > 5.5|
TOFEL > 70
SAT > 1050
PTE Academic 50
Duolingo > 90
Cambridge Advanced Level English: C or above
- Filled application form (generated after submission of online application).
- Clear copy of passport.
- Notarized highest diploma or hope certificate.
- Academic transcripts.
- Applicant’s self-introduction on prescribed form.
- Certificate of language proficiency as per above requirement.
- Non-criminal record certificate (produced within the last 5 months).
- Copy of physical examination certificate.
Chinese Government Scholarship
Xian City The Belt and Road International Student Scholarship
- Batch 1: November 1, 2020 to April 15, 2020
- Batch 2: April 15 to May 15, 2020
For more information, please visit Official Website.