Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT) was established in 1920 in Harbin, Heilongjiang, China. It is a National Key University with science and engineering as its core and has developed to include management, liberal arts, economy, law and other disciplines. In the US News ranking for the Best Global Universities for Engineering, HIT ranked No.2 in China and No.4 globally.
Under the mandate of the MOE, Harbin Institute of Technology is opening application for full-time postgraduate studies under the 2022 Chinese Government Scholarship –Chinese University Program.
- Applicants should post their application materials in time to the International Cooperation Division College of International Education (hereinafter referred to as CIE) of HIT October 15, 2021 to March 31, 2022.
Note: The application date is defined as the date on which HIT office receives the paper application materials.
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese nationality in good health.
2. International students out of China or former graduates of Chinese universities.
3. Educational background required and age limit:
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35; Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
4. Excellent performance in study.
5. Applicants should have good ability in scientific research.
Details of the Scholarship
1. Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, and accommodation fee;
2. 800 RMB per year for Comprehensive Medical Insurance;
3. Monthly stipend is granted to the students at the following rates after freshman coming to China to register, the stipend will not be reissued before coming China:
- Master’s degree candidate: 3,000 RMB/month
- Doctoral degree candidate: 3,500 RMB/month
Schools and Majors
- Master Degree Programs (English-taught)
- MasterDegree Programs (Chinese-taught)
- DoctoralDegree Programs (English-taught)
- DoctoralDegree Programs (Chinese-taught)