Chinese Government Scholarship is a scholarship set up by the Chinese government to facilitate students and scholars from all over the world to conduct their study and research at Chinese universities.
Nanjing University was founded in the year 1902 and it is well-known for its strong academic portfolio and outstanding professors. Besides, Nanjing University is one of the top 5 universities in China under the direct supervision of the Chinese Ministry of Education.
Student Type: Master’s and doctoral students
(Above shows the majors available for application in 2021, and is for reference only. The list of majors available for application in 2022 will be updated on this web page in due course.)Qualifications:
1. Applicants should be non-Chinese citizens and be healthy both physically and mentally.
2. Academic background and age limit:
Applicants for a master’s degree must have acquired their bachelor’s degrees, and should not be older than 35.
Applicants for a doctoral degree must have acquired their master’s degrees, and should not be older than 40.
※ For the graduates to obtain their degrees in 2022, they should submit a pre-graduation certificate to guarantee that they have the competence to complete their study and acquire the degree by July of 2022.
3. Language requirements:
Requirements for the Chinese-taught programs:
Ø Natural sciences, engineering & medicine: HSK level 4;
Ø Liberal arts, social sciences & business: HSK level 5.
Ø Natural sciences, engineering & medicine: HSK level 5;
Ø Liberal arts, social sciences & business: HSK level 6.
Requirements for the English-taught programs:
Ø Admission requirement: IELTS 6.0/TOEFL 85 (or TOEFL Essentials 9)/Duolingo 100
Ø Graduation requirement: HSK level 3.
※ Applicants who do not meet the above requirements will not be accepted.
※ Students who have been granted other Chinese scholarships or funding （2022-2023） are not eligible for this scholarship.
Year Limit of Scholarship:
- The study duration is 2-3 years for master’s students, and 4 years for PhD students.
- Allowance: In the scholarship duration, a monthly stipend of RMB 3,000 and RMB 3,500 will be provided for the master’s and doctoral students, respectively.
- Tuition: Tuition will be waived.
- Health Insurance: An insurance fee of RMB 800/year will be offered to the students in the scholarship duration, and they will be required to purchase the insurance accordingly.
- Lodging: Free lodging in the international dormitory of the university will be provided for the students in the entire duration of the scholarship.
- Applicants should make two online applications: one on the CSC website and the other at NJU’s China International Student Service System. The specific procedure is as follows.
1. Register and apply at the CSC website (http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/). After filling in the online application form (for Agency No., please fill in “10284”; for Program Type, please choose “B”), please click the “submit ” button and download the application form.
2. Register and apply at NJU’s China International Student Service System. (For the program type, please choose “CSC Scholarship”.) The following documents will need to be uploaded.
- CSC Scholarship Application Form
- Academic transcripts
- Certificate of your highest diploma;
- Two recommendation letters from the teachers of the school you last attended (The referees for the master’s program applicants should at least be associate professors)
- HSK test certificate (for the applicants for Chinese Language)/TOEFL, IELTS or Duolingo test result (for the applicants for Information Resources Management)
- Detailed proposal for study and research in China
- Physical examination report (南京大学外国人体格检查记录.doc)
- List of papers published in professional or scientific journals & representative papers or abstracts of articles (optional);
- First page of your passport
- Certificate of non-criminal record.
- Applicants for the PhD programs also need to supply the abstract of their master’s program’s graduation dissertation.
- Those who apply for the programs of Architecture and Urban Planning need to submit a portfolio of relevant works.
※ If one of the original documents is neither written in Chinese nor in English, please also submit a notarized Chinese or English translation.
※ The applicants are responsible for the accuracy and authenticity of the submitted information and documents. If any dishonesty or falsification was found, the application would be invalid.
※ The application duration is to be decided and will be announced on this web page in due course. (For reference only, the application duration in the last academic year was from Jan. 1 to Mar. 31, 2021.) Nanjing University will inform the applicants of the application progress via system message or email promptly, and will send the admission documents to the new students after receiving the confirmed list of final awardees from the CSC. (Affected by the pandemic, the announcement of the final admission result may be delayed, and we will keep the applicants updated.)
※ The school year starts at the beginning of September 2022. You will find the specific date of registration on the admission notice. (If some of the students couldn’t come to NJU on time due to the pandemic, the university would arrange an online registration, details about which would be informed in advance.)
※ When coming to NJU to register, the new students will be required to bring the admission notice, JW201 form, physical examination report, original highest diploma, etc. for the qualification review. (If the original copy is neither written in Chinese nor in English, a notarized Chinese or English translation will need to be submitted.) The scholarship of those who didn’t pass the review would be cancelled.For further inquiries, please contact:
Ms. Zhong Qiaorui
Institute for International Students
RM. 514 Zeng Xianzi Building,
18 Jinyin Street, Nanjing 210008, China