Chinese Government Scholarship –Chinese University Program is established by the Ministry of Education of China (hereinafter referred to as MOE), aiming to develop outstanding international talent and improve the perception of China’s higher education. Under the mandate of the MOE, Jiangnan University is opening application for full-time postgraduate studies under the 2022 Chinese Government Scholarship –Chinese University Program.
1. When to Apply: Nov 1 – Mar 31, 2022.
2. How to Apply:
https://jiangnan.17gz.org (Application on both websites is required)
3. Who is Eligible to Apply:
- Non-Chinese citizens in good health.
- The proportion of Registered-in China students enrolled should not exceed 50% of the new students scheme.
- Age and Academic Requirements: master degree program applicants need to be bachelor degree holders under 35.
- Non-holders of other Chinese Government Scholarships
4. Programs Available
- Master Degree Program of Food Science & Engineering offered by School of Food Science & Technology
- PhD Degree Program of Food Science & Engineering offered by School of Food Science & Technology
- Master Degree Programs of Fermentation Engineering, Microbiology and Biochemistry & Molecular Biology offered by School of Biotechnology
- PhD Degree Program of Fermentation Engineering offered by School of Biotechnology
5. Scholarship Coverage
- Tuition, on-campus accommodation, comprehensive medical insurance, living subsidy (RMB 3,000 per month for master students; RMB 3,500 per month for PhD students)
6. Application Documents Needed
1) An electronic copy of passport photo page
2) A scan copy of notarized highest academic degree
3) A scan copy of notarized transcript for the highest academic degree
4) A scan copy of two reference letters
5) Language proficiency proof
6) Research proposal (No Less Than 1,500 words)
7) Physical examination record (within 6 months)
9) Professional works
10) Other supporting documents (including awards and attended conferences)
Note: Application is completed online without hardcopy documents.
7. Application Procedure:
1) Log onto China Scholarship Council’s Study in China ApplicationSystem to complete online application. (Program Category: B ; Jiangnan University Institution Code: 10295)
2) Log onto Jiangnan University International Student Online Application System, click Application and then Chinese Government Scholarship to complete online application .
8. Application Result
- Application result is available at Jiangnan University InternationalStudent Online Application System.
9. Kind Reminder
- Scholarship winners are required to register on the prescribed date. Late arrival without prior approval automatically leads to program registration cancellation and disqualification for the scholarship.
- Scholarship winners are subject to annual scholarship audit. An unsatisfactory audit result leads to termination of and disqualification for the scholarship.
- Program of study and program length is not allowed to be changed in principle.
School of International Education
No. 1800, Lihu Avenue, Wuxi, Jiangsu, P. R. China
Postal Code: 214122
Tel: 0086-510-85329235, 85919552