Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU) is a world-renowned higher education institution and one of the top universities in China. It has established itself as a comprehensive, research-oriented, and internationalized university and ranks 47th worldwide (QS 2021).
Each year SJTU admits students from nearly 100 countries, and more than 7000 international students are studying on campus. Its 31 colleges and schools offer more than 100 graduate programs to international students.
The following are general requirements for application to SJTU International Graduate Programs.
1. Non-Chinese citizen.
2. Good health both physically and mentally.
3. Outstanding academic performance and potential.
4. Bachelor’s degree for master program applicants. Master’s degree for doctoral program applicants.
5. Proficiency in Chinese and/or English. For details please refer to Language Requirement for SJTU International Graduate Programs.
- Oct 1, 2021 – 2022 application opens
- Dec 15, 2021 -Deadline for 1st Round scholarship application
- Mar 31, 2022 -Deadline for 2nd Round scholarship application
- May 31, 2022 – Deadline for self-supported application
- Sept. 3, 2022 -Enrollment
How to Apply
Step 1: Complete the Online Application
- Complete and submit an online application at Study@SJTU (http://isc.sjtu.edu.cn/) before the application deadline. If you wish to apply for the scholarship at the same time, please complete the application before the scholarship deadline.
Step 2: Pay the Application Fee
- The application fee is RMB 800 (approx. USD 120), non-refundable and non-transferable. Payment must be made in RMB or USD. You can choose online payment or bank transfer in the online application system.
Basically, for incoming international graduate students, there are two channels for scholarship application: through Shanghai Jiao Tong University or through Chinese Embassies/Consulates in the home country. Applicants may choose only one application channel. Replicated applications through more than one channel are not allowed.
1. Apply for scholarships through SJTU
- Starting from 2022, scholarships for doctoral programs will consist of: SJTU Fellowship, CSC/SGS Scholarship, SJTU Scholarship. And scholarships for Master programs will consist of: CSC/SGS Scholarship, SJTU Scholarship, School/College Scholarship. Details of each scholarship will be on the application system.
- When applying at http://apply.sjtu.edu.cn/ applicants should choose “apply for scholarship through SJTU” and follow the steps online. Applicants should complete the scholarship application procedures in time according to the requirements of the university.
- The earlier an applicant completes the application, the sooner he/she receives an offer of admission and scholarships if the review result from the university is positive. Applicants can check the scholarships result through the application system.
2. Apply for scholarships through Chinese Embassies/Consulates in the home country
- Applicants may also apply to the Chinese Embassies/Consulates in the home country for scholarship opportunities. The application schedule varies from country to country (usually from November to April).
- Please consult the Chinese Embassy/Consulate about its application schedule, eligibility, requirements, procedures, documents, agency number, program category type and so on in advance.
- For the contact information of Chinese Embassies/Consulates, please visit the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People’s Republic of China at http://www.fmprc.gov.cn/mfa_
- In general, scholarships duration cannot be extended.
- All scholarship recipients are obliged to participate in the annual scholarship review in April and/or May which will confirm their scholarship status in the next academic year.
Application Website: http://apply.sjtu.edu.cn/
International Affairs Office, Graduate School
Shanghai Jiao Tong University
Room 331, Chen Ruiqiu Building
800 Dongchuan Road, Shanghai 200240, China
1. The GRE Designated Institution Code of SJTU is 2129.
2. The TOEFL Designated Institution Code of SJTU is B902.