The Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Myanmar is pleased to announce that we will be accepting applications for the 2023 Taiwan Scholarship through April 30, 2023.
The Taiwan Scholarship is provided by the Ministry of Education to encourage international students to undertake degree programs in a wide range of disciplines at universities in Taiwan. Prospective students may choose to apply for undergraduate, master’s or doctoral-level scholarships.
The Scholarship provides the following for each recipient:
- Tuition and miscellaneous expenses (i.e. the course-credit fees; please refer to the guidelines for details): up to NT$40,000 each semester.
- Monthly stipend: undergraduate programs – NT$15,000 / master’s or doctorate programs – NT$20,000.
Duration*: The maximum period a Taiwan Scholarship may be held is: 4 years for undergraduate programs, 2 years for master’s degree programs, and 4 years for doctorate programs.
Eligibility: Applicants must be Myanmar citizens, possess a senior high school diploma with an excellent academic record, and be of good moral character.
- Completed application form (and signed Terms of Agreement)
- Copy of passport
- Copy of the diploma from the applicant’s highest degree attained as well as a copy of the corresponding academic transcript
- Proof of application for entrance to a university in Taiwan
- Copy of language proficiency certificate
- Two (2) letters of recommendation written within three months, signed and sealed by the letter writers
Please note that our office only accepts applications from Myanmar citizens.
Application and supporting documents should be sent to the following address postmarked by April 30, 2023.
Attention: MOE Taiwan Scholarship
No. 97/101A Dhammazedi Road, Kamayut Township, Yangon, Myanmar
Consultation is accepted via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please visit: