Tamkang is a university of ideals, vision, and creativity. It sees the pursuit of excellence and ongoing innovation as characterizing sustaining its fundamental management philosophy. Over the last 60-plus years, since its foundation, TKU has focused on developing academic research, teaching, and learning services with an innovative spirit. It was the first university in Taiwan to employ Total Quality Management (TQM), which it introduced in 1992. In 2006, the Tamkang Quality Award was initiated to recognize outstanding departments committed to TQM. It has generated impressive results and garnered positive public feedback. TQM efforts were significant in helping TKU win the prestigious National Quality Award in 2009. Since its inception as a university, Tamkang has had six scholar-educators serving as president: Clement C. P. Chang, Yea-Hong Chen, Louis R. Chow, Yun-Shan Lin, Horng-Jinh Chang, Flora C.I. Chang, and the current President, Huan-Chao Keh, who assumed the presidency on August 1, 2018. Huan-Chao Keh president will lead TKU to continue developing and constructing the “Fifth Wave of Tamkang,” enhance Tamkang Culture, refine and activate organization, strive for resources of industry, government and alumni and cooperate with the Ministry of Education’s Higher Education Sprout Project, the government’s “5+2” core industries and artificial intelligence industrial applications, the New South-bound Policy. The new course of development of the “Fifth Wave of Tamkang” was aunched “Transcend period,” and taking the vision of “To Create A Great Tamsui; To Embrace A Smart Future” and implement local links, regional cooperation, international chains and innovation practice.
Tamkang’s administrative teams have applied innovative strategies to promote the Three Circles and Five Disciplines of Education. The “Three Circles” refer to Tamkang’s professional curriculum, general curriculum, and extracurricular curriculum, while the “Five Disciplines of Education” include conduct, intelligence, physical education, teamwork, and beauty. TKU has nurtured academic growth through its “Triple Objectives of Education,” which refers to globalization (the spatial pattern of the future), information-oriented education (the life pattern of the future), and future-oriented education (the time frame of the future). With its motto of “Simplicity, Truthfulness, Firmness, and Perseverance,” Tamkang strives to fully develop students’ potential. It aims to help every Tamkangian establish a firm foothold at school and seeks to become a world-renowned, top quality comprehensive university by providing students with the most modern learning resources and training possible.
|Study Programs in Tamsui Campus
|Master’s Program, Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering
|Master’s Program in Business and Management
|TKU-QUT Dual Master Degree Program in Finance
|Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering
|Division of Global Commerce, Department of International Business
|Division of English-Taught Global Financial Management, Department of Banking and Finance
|Department of English
|Department of Diplomacy and International Relations
|Department of International Tourism Management
|Department of Global Politics and Economics
Application period of Fall Semester for 2021-2022 International Students
|Admission Decision Notification
|February 19, 10 a.m. – March 12, 4 p.m.
|Late April, 2021
|Early September, 2021
|March 19, 10 a.m. – April 22, 4 p.m.
|Early June, 2021
|Early September, 2021
|April 30, 10 a.m. – June 7, 4 p.m.
|Early August, 2021
|Early September, 2021
- Applicants to the master’s and doctoral programs can ONLY apply for the first round of Fall Semester admission. If the admission result of the first round doesn’t exceed the admission quota, the second and third round will be available in Fall Semester.
- Applicants to the bachelor’s programs can only apply for the Fall Semester admission.
International students can apply entrance scholarships, please see the following link.
- Check the eligibility and study programs for international students
- Each applicant can apply for up to THREE bachelor’s programs, ONE master’s program or ONE doctoral program.
- Prepare the required materials
- Prepare the required materials including the passport or proof of nationality, official diploma, official transcripts, financial statement, and the additional requirements by the intended department or institute.
- Pay the application fee
- Apply Online
- Create your account.
- Fill in the online application forms.
- Upload the required materials.
- Apply online and upload the required materials; the materials uploaded are not necessary to be sent to TKU by post mail.
- Complete and submit the application
- Online applicants will receive a confirmation email after submitting and completing the online application.
- Reviewed by the Admission Committee
- If necessary, applicants will be notified to send further documents. Please note that some departments or institutes request interviews.
- Admission decision notification
- The list of admitted students will be posted on the TKU website. Admission decisions will be notified by both e-mail and post.
For more information, please visit Official Website.