A-Entrance Scholarship Scheme for 2019-20 Entry
CityU has an Entrance Scholarship Scheme for international students with excellent academic performance who are admitted to full-time government-funded bachelor’s degree programmes.
The Scheme offers three kinds of scholarships
- Top Scholarships of HK$180,000 (approximately US$23,000), covering annual tuition fees, on-campus accommodation and living expenses
- Full Tuition Scholarships, covering annual tuition fees (approximately US$18,000)
- Half Tuition Scholarships, covering half of the annual tuition fees (approximately US$9,000).
Applicants do not have to apply for these scholarships. The appropriate level of scholarship is awarded based on merit. Students receiving it are required to attain a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.2 or above every year during the period study for renewing the scholarship.
B-Grant to increase Diversity on Campus
|Admissions Status||Duration of Studies||Amount per Annum||TOTAL Amount|
|1st Year Entry||4 years||HK$30,000(~US$3,846)||HK$120,000 (~US$15,400)|
|Advance Standing I||3 years||HK$90,000 (~US$11,538)|
- All non-local students admitted from underrepresented nationalities except Top Scholarship recipients will be eligible for the new grant.
- Awardees will be required to engage in a volunteer activity to enhance internationalization of CityU annually. The grant will be paid in installments and automatically renewed each year.
C-HKSAR Government Scholarship Fund
The Fund supports outstanding non-local students to pursue undergraduate studies in Hong Kong, with targeted scholarships made available to first-year full-time students from ASEAN countries, India, and Korea. Belt and Road Scholarship (Indonesia), Belt and Road Scholarship (Malaysia) and Belt and Road Scholarship (Thailand). Learn more.
**Entrance requirements, admission arrangement and programme list for International student are available on Admission Office website, with links as follows:
Admission Arrangements for Bachelor’s Degree Programmes and Programme list