I. Admission Category
- This admission is for international students applying for both Degree programs and Non-Degree programs. Full-time Degree programs include Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral programs; and Non-Degree programs include Chinese language programs.
II. Admission Country
- Mainly opening to South Asia and Southeast Asia countries, applicants from other countries are also welcomed.
III. Application Requirements
1. The applicants must be non-Chinese citizens. Applicant who immigrated to a foreign country must have held a valid foreign passport or proof of nationality document for at least 4 years and have a record of actual residence abroad for at least 2 years within the last 4 years (until April 30, 2022) (actual residence abroad for 9 months in a year can be counted as one year, based on entry and exit stamps).
2. Applicants should obey the Chinese laws, comply with Yunnan University’s regulations, and respect Chinese customs and public ethical norms.
3. Applicants’ health condition should conform with the “Health Examination Standards for Foreign Students” issued by the Ministry of Education of China.
4. Academic and Age Requirements:
(1) Bachelor’s Degree Program applicants must be a high school graduate under the age of 25.
(2) Master’s Degree Program applicants must be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35.
(3) Doctoral Degree Program applicants must be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40.
(4) Applicants for Foundation Program should hold High School Graduation Certification or above, and be under the age of 25.
(5) Applicants for Chinese language Scholars Program should hold bachelor’s degree or above, and be under the age of 55.
5. Language requirements
- Applicants for degree programs must have achieved HSK level 4 with a total score no less than 180, valid for 2 years.
IV. Application Procedure
1. Online Application
- Applicants who meet the requirements can apply on Yunnan University International Student Service System (https://ynu.at0086.cn/StuApplication/Login.aspx), and submit all the application document as required.
2. Applicants should complete online application by 8th April, 2022 Beijing Standard Time. Overdue completion and/or incomplete information may result in failure in receiving the scholarships.
V. Application Documents
Reminder: All the following documents should be upload on Chinese Government Scholarship Information Management System for International Students (http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina). All uploaded supporting documents must be clear, authentic and valid. Applicants are recommended to use professional device to scan the relevant documents. Applicants shall bear the consequences caused by unclear or unidentifiable uploaded materials. Notarized translation must be provided if any of the documents is not in Chinese or English.
1. Application Form of Yunnan Provincial Government Scholarship Program, please download the form on Yunnan University International Student Service System, and fill it out in Chinese or English.
2. Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Applicants planning to stay in China for more than 6 months must submit a photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form completed in English (the original copy should be kept by the applicant). The form is designed by the Chinese quarantine authority and can be obtained from the dispatching authority. The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take physical examination as the result is valid for only 6 months.
3. Personal ID photo, named after passport number (Photo reference format: 2-inch color crown-free ID photo. The white background has no borders, the head accounts for 2/3 of the photo size, the photo size is not less than 320 * 240 pixels, the aspect ratio is 4: 3, the size between 100 KB and 500KB, JPG format.)
4. Passport photo page.
5. Notarized highest degree certificate. Prospective diploma winners must submit official proof of student status by their current school. Admitted students need to provide the original degree certificate and submit the scanned copy upon registration.
6. Notarized highest diploma. Prospective diploma winners must submit official proof of student status by their current university. Admitted students need to provide the original diploma and submit the scanned copy upon registration.
7. Academic transcripts.
8. A Study Plan or Research Proposal in Chinese or English.
9. Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English. Applicants for Master’s Degree, Doctoral Degree, and Scholars in Chinese Language must provide two recommendation letters signed by professor or associate professor.
10. Chinese Language Certificate. Valid HSK Certificate.
11. English language qualification certificate (for English-taught programs).
12. A portfolio of your own work stored in a CD (arts students only). Applicants for music studies are requested to submit their own musical works. Applicants for the fine arts programs must submit their own works including two sketches, two color paintings and two other works. Applicants for other majors may be required to submit other supplementary documents. Please refer to separate notice.
13. Non-criminal record report.
14. Proof of financial guarantee.
VI. Contact Information
Contacts: Ms. Chu, Ms. Fu
Fax: + 86-871-65183424
For more information, please visit the Official Website.