In order to deepen the education cooperation with the Belt and Road” countries and to cultivate professionals for these countries, the Ministry of Education P.R.C has set up the “Chinese Government Scholarship-Silk Road Program” since 2017. This scholarship program is provided to China’s high-level universities for recruiting the outstanding young students from “Belt and Road” countries to pursue degrees in China.
When and Where to Apply
- Applicants should complete an Online Application on the website（tju.at0086.cn/student）according to the application schedule.
- Applicants should fill in the application information online, upload the application documents listed below to the Online Application System.
- Students who are admitted and nominated for the Chinese Government Scholarship-Silk Road Program need to log into the system of China Scholarship Council at http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua/ within the specified time to submit the scholarship application.
- The Agency Number for Tianjin University is 10056;Choose Program Category Type B.
- Nov. 5, 2021 – Apr. 15,2022
Supporting Categories and Scholarship Duration
|Program||Specialty Duration||Chinese Learning Duration||Scholarship Duration|
|Master (taught in Chinese)||2.5-3 years||1 year||2.5-4years|
|Master (taught in English)||2-3 years||–||2-3 years|
|PhD||3-4 years||1 year||3-5 years|
1. Tuition waiver and accommodation on campus;
2. Monthly Living Allowance:
- 3,000 RMB/month for Master students;
- 3,500 RMB/month for PhD students;
3. Comprehensive Medical Insurance.
- For programs covered by this scholarship, please click here.
1. Scan copy of highest diploma. Scan of pre-graduation certificate is required if the applicants have not gained degree certificate before the application deadline, please resubmit the notarized copy of highest diploma before registration.
2. Scan of notarized copy of the academic transcripts (Applicants who will not graduate before the application deadline may provide their current academic transcript and submitted the full transcript before registration).
3. Photocopy of passport. (Ordinary passport with valid period).
4. Chinese or English Proficiency Certificate (for more requirements, please refer to Qualifications ).
5. Study Experience Resume (The start and end time of each education experience must be uninterrupted, and education level should start from senior middle school). Click to download Study Experience Resume template.
6. Study or research plan: no less than 800 words in English or Chinese.
7. Two recommendation letters in English or Chinese from two professors or associate professors (Please click to download the template).
8. Published papers or formal acceptance notification（Compulsory for PhD applicants）
9. Form of Provisional Acceptance of International Student by TJU Professor (please click to download the template). Remember to upload it to the application system, if you get the Acceptance letter. Please click here to get contacts of professors.
10. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (The medical examinations must cover all the items listed and should be conducted after November, 2021).
11. Applicants who are now in China must submit scan of Photocopy of Visa and Transfer Certificate from present university.
12. Scan of Non-Criminal Records.
13. Other attachments: (Scholarship applicants should submit CSC application form with signature, applicants of School of Architecture are requested to submit E-work Collection and Video Presentation etc.）
International Admissions Office, School of International Education, Tianjin University
Address: 92 Weijin Road, Nankai District, Tianjin, PR.China
Zip code: 300072